Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/250083-center-consoles-future-go-fast-boating.html)

Indy 03-28-2011 07:11 PM

There's room for both...having been boatless coming up on three summers now, you really appreciate being on the water in anything.

ElimiNordic 03-28-2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3362221)
There's room for both...having been boatless coming up on three summers now, you really appreciate being on the water in anything.

Of course you are correct. I can take a old chalky blue run about out and drive the chit out of it and have a good time. I even like the pontoon boat ride, but I just don't get all the folks that put these CC boats even in the same sentence as a go fast. But I am all about anything that takes you out in the water and returns you to the dock.

VtSteve 03-28-2011 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3362221)

Now ain't that the truth?

Pete280 03-28-2011 07:40 PM

I dont get the animosity towards them, I love the sound of a big block and the looks of a go fast but I want the practicality of a center console with outboards, I understand there not for everyone especially the guys that live on lakes up north, I would like to fish with my son and maybe get into diving, I too am sick of hanging upside down in a bilge with my hand contorted in a position that it should'nt be in, look forward to the ease of outboards.

pullmytrigger 03-28-2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Madcow (Post 3362169)
I have been reading through this thread again, and I think there is a wide casam here. The problem with performance boating is it chews people up and spiths them out. .

I hear ya but I think in many cases in the quest to have the biggest fastest coolest people bite off more than they can chew....look at my old lad...it may be old but I can afford it if it brakes...and I can let it sit....I know people who if it rains for a couple of weekends they are making such high payments that they start freaking out and want to sell it......D

ElimiNordic 03-28-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pete280 (Post 3362252)
I dont get the animosity towards them, I love the sound of a big block and the looks of a go fast but I want the practicality of a center console with outboards, I understand there not for everyone especially the guys that live on lakes up north, I would like to fish with my son and maybe get into diving, I too am sick of hanging upside down in a bilge with my hand contorted in a position that it should'nt be in, look forward to the ease of outboards.

Egg beaters no matter how you dress them up are still....Egg Beaters. Sorry, just can't go outboards:eek::eek::evilb::evilb:
Maybe if I fished....maybe...

Pete280 03-28-2011 08:05 PM

nicest looking bathtub I've ever seen!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/l...ml#post3361965

THEJOKER 03-28-2011 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Mercury Verados are supercharged.

Boater8987 03-28-2011 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3361551)
Maybe a stupid question, but why dont more CC's have stepped hulls?

Glasstreams are stepped. 71-72 gps on a good day with 93 octane. Like I said before cc for no stress comfort. Cat for my 130 go fast fix. Works for me and many other go fast friends. Try it you may like it. :drink:

elvisali 03-28-2011 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Boater8987 (Post 3362296)
Glasstreams are stepped. 71-72 gps on a good day with 93 octane. Like I said before cc for no stress comfort. Cat for my 130 go fast fix. Works for me and many other go fast friends. Try it you may like it. :drink:

Mine stepped as well...