Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/250083-center-consoles-future-go-fast-boating.html)

ElimiNordic 03-27-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 3361084)
When I wrote this commentary and linked to it, I had no idea the topic would catch fire like this. From the industry side, it's been an easy trend to identify, especially in the last 10 years. But hearing straight from current and former performance-based center-console is even more enlightening.

Great discussion and excellent feedback from those who love and don't love center consoles.

This is probably sacrilege, but I actually like how quiet today's outboards are. I like that I have to look at the tachs if I can't remember starting them. I know, I know, aversion to loud noises is a function of age.

I am 53 and the first thing I did after buying my new 36 cat with twin 700sc's was to have a shop take out those stupid mufflers and straight pipe it right out the back of the boat. Quite, don't be silly Matt!!

ElimiNordic 03-27-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 3360865)
Well if you're gonna have a bath tub make it big , fast and sexy!

Joker, I know you are a good guy and a GA boy and mean no insult about your bath tub. Matter of fact, if I see up on the lake, I will be sure and stop by for a bath and a shave and to say hello. Dan

THEJOKER 03-27-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic (Post 3361223)
Joker, I know you are a good guy and a GA boy and mean no insult about your bath tub. Matter of fact, if I see up on the lake, I will be sure and stop by for a bath and a shave and to say hello. Dan

We'll have to hang out at Sun Set Cove! I wish one of them lake boats would of tried to follow us from Miami to Jupiter in 6ft seas last month - haha!

DollaBill 03-27-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic (Post 3361219)
I am 53 and the first thing I did after buying my new 36 cat with twin 700sc's was to have a shop take out those stupid mufflers and straight pipe it right out the back of the boat. Quite, don't be silly Matt!!

What are these mufflers you speak of? LOL. Actually thats funny bc when I got my 42 Fountain PR in a few years ago those damn under-platform mufflers were bolted up. I had them off before that thing ever hit the water. That thing was LOUD. And it sounded PERFECT :)

On Time 03-27-2011 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 3360921)
Our CC is our "bread and butter" boat. 50 hours a year on the Cig....and close to 200 hours a year on the CC.

Thanks to Terry Sobo :angry-smiley-038: :D, my wife is in a frantic search for a bigger CC :drink:. It's not EVER going to replace the thrill of a Go-Fast....but it's one hell of a cheap alternative as a secondary boat!!

That's pretty much it for us too.

Well I've got the two strokes on our CC and that means NO premium gas NO oil changes NO draining or bilge heater for the winter and NO powerhead corrosion issues in saltwater. And the kids ran around and spilled sht on it all afternoon and I hosed it off when we got back. I don't even yell at them for spilling sht anymore. And I let people eat on this boat. Flushed the engines and home after 15 mins.

VtSteve 03-28-2011 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Top Ven (Post 3361149)
The 32 ft Concept CC can sit 10 people, that's a lot more than 3 or 4 !

http://www.conceptboats.com/32-fe-gallery.html

I looked and looked. I guess 2-3 can sit on the transom.

Top Ven 03-28-2011 06:17 AM

Ha ha u a funny guy !! If that was our 32 ft u may be right, I will say again our 32 ft has seats for 10, and not counting the head where would we put a guy like you!! LOL

Indy 03-28-2011 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by On Time (Post 3361434)
That's pretty much it for us too.

Well I've got the two strokes on our CC and that means NO premium gas NO oil changes NO draining or bilge heater for the winter and NO powerhead corrosion issues in saltwater. And the kids ran around and spilled sht on it all afternoon and I hosed it off when we got back. I don't even yell at them for spilling sht anymore. And I let people eat on this boat. Flushed the engines and home after 15 mins.

+1

I spent as much time pre & post launch fussing with the PowerPlay as I did running on the water. I got sick of it. Now if I was in the income bracket where I could pay the marina to do that for me there's no question which boat I'd want.

SS930 03-28-2011 07:02 AM

Maybe a stupid question, but why dont more CC's have stepped hulls?

ElimiNordic 03-28-2011 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3361551)
Maybe a stupid question, but why dont more CC's have stepped hulls?

You don't need one at 50mph..:lolhit::lolhit: