Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating? >

Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?

Notices

Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Can't wait to get my new Spectre 32' CC , From Tony F. at Typhoon in Toms River NJ.
Is it for fishing or cruising? Congrats anyway.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting article.
While not for everyone they are the next best thing when the performance boater wants to do something different.
Lots of room and practical features but still capable of poker running.
We've sold a fair amount in the last year and a half and most never fish. However you can if you want.
During my last year of poker runs I've ended up with no less than 12 people on board. Typically I end picking up extras from a broken go fast. We don't get there first but we always do and everybody had a great day.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Maybe as a fourth boat lol
Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lightning jet
Maybe as a fourth boat lol
It's my third

Seating for 10 comfortably
Old 03-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

I understand but for me I love the sound of big blocks to much.

The other thing is I rarely want a bunch of people in my boat, I am anti social that way.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
The only place you'd catch me in one is if there were no more coffins left when I die. I had one once. Traded a real boat for it cuz someone wanted my 42. I turned the key and mothers covered the eyes of their children as I wept because I could hear the cooling stream over the engine. ONE day and it was GONE.

But theres a thread about that
Well, maybe "future" was a bit too strong in the headline. But when your pursuits on the water go beyond getting from point A to point B in record time—and there's nothing wrong with that—a center console makes more than good sense.

I once went to Key West in a Formula 382 FasTEch with twin 600SCi engines. It was the first set of those engines in a production boat—they weren't even on the market yet. I went with Vic Spellberg, now with Cigarette but then with Formula, and the late Tom Newby. We opened it up a few times, but mostly we ran 50 to 60 mph and actually enjoyed the scenery.

It was a pretty big change from every other run I've made to the Keys. Again, I actually got to see my surroundings.

No apologies needed from those who disagree. I get where you're coming from. Completely. It's a subjective discussion, so being "right" doesn't matter. I love the points of view here, especially the "they look like bathtubs" one. Great stuff.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Airking
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having a cat and cc works for me. I have never had a fishing pole in my cc. We have run Jamin on the James 3 times in cat and 2 in cc. CC is much more comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?-p1010043.jpg   Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?-p1010042.jpg  

Last edited by Boater8987; 03-26-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
I know other people like these, but you would never catch me dead in one of these "fishing" go fast monsters. Just my opinion. They look like a big bath tub. Sorry, Matt
Yea, it sucks to have a boat that can do more than one thing. Just my opinion
Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Interesting article.
While not for everyone they are the next best thing when the performance boater wants to do something different.
Lots of room and practical features but still capable of poker running.
We've sold a fair amount in the last year and a half and most never fish. However you can if you want.
During my last year of poker runs I've ended up with no less than 12 people on board. Typically I end picking up extras from a broken go fast. We don't get there first but we always do and everybody had a great day.
AND... We get to listen to BUCKCHERRY... CRAZY *****!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Is it for fishing or cruising? Congrats anyway.
Thanks thirdchildhood, looking to do cruising and hanging out. Love the go fast boats, but they tend to eat the Check Book up real Quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.