Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ?? >

ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Notices

ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Old 03-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like vettesteve might have a legit issue, but I think DonZ might be all set.

Don, nice talking with you and good luck getting the boat dialed in with the new engine!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

SS930, you are terribly misinformed. I am not with Ateco. Simply a customer and investor. Vettesteve has failed to mention how he everheated his engine to the point it melted the heat tabs. His story is a very long one and I will not go into it here. Let's say there is always two sides to every story. And some people love to go after the negative. Unless you know facts better off to stay quiet rather than be a keyboard jockey. Not one person has ever complained his Ateco engine did not make the advertised power. NOT ONE. Anything high performance is prone to problems and most are directly attributable to rigging or driver error. Good parts fail when abused. Many people do not want to take responsiblilty for thier actions and look to blame someone else. I have seen so many poorly rigged boats with small fuel lines, low fuel delivery, dirty injectors or carbs, bad gas, and poor cooling systems it is a wonder why more engines do not fail no matter who built it. Marine engines are always under load and take a lot of abuse. We do not drive a 700 hp gas engine spinning 6000 rpm in a truck pulling a 10000 lb trailer WOT up a moutain for hours on end do we? Yet many boat owners do just that to their marine engine.
Bill at Ateco has sold many engines all over the country and Europe.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
SS930, you are terribly misinformed. I am not with Ateco. Simply a customer and investor. Vettesteve has failed to mention how he everheated his engine to the point it melted the heat tabs. His story is a very long one and I will not go into it here. Let's say there is always two sides to every story. And some people love to go after the negative. Unless you know facts better off to stay quiet rather than be a keyboard jockey. Not one person has ever complained his Ateco engine did not make the advertised power. NOT ONE. Anything high performance is prone to problems and most are directly attributable to rigging or driver error. Good parts fail when abused. Many people do not want to take responsiblilty for thier actions and look to blame someone else. I have seen so many poorly rigged boats with small fuel lines, low fuel delivery, dirty injectors or carbs, bad gas, and poor cooling systems it is a wonder why more engines do not fail no matter who built it. Marine engines are always under load and take a lot of abuse. We do not drive a 700 hp gas engine spinning 6000 rpm in a truck pulling a 10000 lb trailer WOT up a moutain for hours on end do we? Yet many boat owners do just that to their marine engine.

????
Old 03-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SS930, you are terribly misinformed. I am not with Ateco. Simply a customer and investor.
Yes, you are with Ateco.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just saying:

Bill (Ateco) and I are both wondering if the rich engine would hold it back in real world application versus a dyno pull where an engine brake matches the power. The obvious fix is to lean it down and install it back in the boat. But we are trying to figure out why Kirks boat would not run faster after such a great dyno pull.
I was surprised they wrote so much about my history with Bill at Ateco. The Powerboat issue just came out "Jan 07". Bill deserves all the credit for the work they do there.
There is supposed to be large feature on the MTI in the next issue of Extreme boats. I have seen the proof and Marilyn Demartini and I have talked many times gathering info and pictures. The article is about the race boat conversion on that boat.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SS930, you are terribly misinformed. I am not with Ateco. Simply a customer and investor.
Brad,
You're right, I'm not terribly informed about all things Ateco. I do know there have been several unhappy customers, but no business is perfect and even the best are bound to screw up in time. The good ones make it right when they do F-up.

Oh wait, please dont take offense to the the use of the F-word... i know you and your boy are sensitive to the use of such harsh language on here...

What I am is somewhat informed about is the contradictory BS that seems to flow out of your mouth on here on a regular basis. Just as the previous posters have already pointed out. Let's just say your credibility around here is weak at best these days.

Word of wisdom, let Bill handle his own business, your help doesn't seem to be 'helping'!

Last edited by SS930; 03-29-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Corrected based on Heather's info.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered

So how do you explain Mr Brad Z aka Ateco investor the ATECO motor burns up /melts down Bill L at ateco will not take steves phone calls or respond to register mails so he hires Mr Rudy Dreyden in Deleware to go thru the motor & repair it , motor is put back in the boat and the ateco supplied fuel pump shipped with the motor will not keep up with 7 lbs ,so fuel pump is changed as well by dreyden ..boat has same water system as before and Dreyden Performance motor is running flawlessly ... and still waiting on a return call from Ateco but investor Brad shows up to save the day with this horsecrap b/s and a truck running uphill at WOT scenario LMAO
Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Furthermore, look man it doesn't go unnoticed that every time the word ATECO is uttered around here you show up with your pom pom's. You have no less than 31 posts mentioning ATECO. Forgive us if we're just mildly suspicious. And then there's the IP thing with multiple screen names. I remember having to deal with that on another site. You've got a couple smart cookies around here who won't let the wool be pulled over their eyes that easily.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ATECO...c1784713a89693
Old 03-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

I certainly do not have a dog in this race and could be called a "keyboard jockey", but I do own a business that is in a service industry and I have learned that a problem is best solved now than later. I am not a motor head so I am not familiar with a "heat tab". I have assembled a few motors and I must have left them off by accident, but it does seem like 9 months is a long time to keep someone waiting for a resolution to a problem. If is was his fault, tell and let him move on. If not, make an offer that all can live with and move forward. But to keep someone waiting 3/4 of a year is just not right in any business. I do not mean to argue with anyone, but you state "Not one person has ever complained his Ateco engine did not make the advertised power. NOT ONE" and this is just not true. I am new here and do not know many of you here, but I know I have seen people complain about this particular issue. Words are very powerful and should be chosen carefully with thought given to the content in any given statement, especially if they are recorded by computer. If not, people tend to dismiss any future utterances as possibly false. By the way, I did run a 325hp diesel pulling a 13,000lb trailer and boat WOT up a mountain range for an hour going and coming from Lake Havasu recently and it was fine. I will never forget an interview I saw with Fred Kiekhaufer when he stated that people expected to run his engines full throttle for hours on end with no failure. That is how a boat is operated and it is grueling environment to be sure. I am not taking any sides. but I do think Steve's issue should be put to bed. imo
Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Just for the record.... Brad was not the user with the second screen name, it was Ateco.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.