Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/250242-ateco-engine-shop-good-bad.html)

SS930 03-29-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl (Post 3362772)
Just for the record.... Brad was not the user with the second screen name, it was Ateco.

I stand corrected. Thank you. :)

Mastercraft240 03-29-2011 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did Ateco do the motors on the old 32 skater?

ElimiNordic 03-29-2011 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl (Post 3362772)
Just for the record.... Brad was not the user with the second screen name, it was Ateco.

Why would someone do that?? Isn't that just asking to be spanked by a mod?? I wonder if that happens often and it is not caught? We have a web site called Kudzu.com where customers go to rate our types of business and if the mods catch you writing your own reviews, you get thrown off the site, which really hurts to not have the customer generated reviews. It is all done by a computer bot that looks for IP address's.

Brad Zastrow 03-29-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240 (Post 3362780)
Did Ateco do the motors on the old 32 skater?

No.

ElimiNordic 03-29-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 3362901)
No.

How can you answer for someone you are not with? Should that not be left for someone with the business? I am confused:confused::confused::confused:

boatman22 03-29-2011 08:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Long story……short version:
Had a rod bolt come loose on one of my 540’s, decided to sent both engines to Ateco after talking with Bill and reviewing pricing that he had posted online. Feelings that I had posted pricing for machine work, and builds cost that I would know what I was getting. Never took the motors apart and sent them to Ateco. After they got them and they took them apart Bill called me and basely told me both motors were junk. Having built these motors 14 mo earlier, I ask what was junk. Big Brodie aluminum heads on both engines need a lot of work and should be replaced. Cam and crank on blown motor junk..And a lot of other stuff. Told him to fix heads complete with rockers, new crank and rods on 1 engine and I would send him the same crane cam that was in the other motor. Paid ˝ when he started working on the engines. 6mos go by and excuse after excuse. Working on Shogrens stuff, working on other stuff, snow etc. Then no emails….return phone calls… I hope on a plane and rent a pickup truck to get my engines, done with the BS. Arrive at Ateco, and ask for Bill and they ask who I am…..15mins later, Bill comes out front and say they are working on my engines that day. Had 1 block with a crank in it. We talk and resolve all the problems…I pay the rest of the money with a promise they will be ready in 3 weeks. 7 weeks later they ship and I’m happy to finally get my engines. Installing into boat, rig one complete, drop the other one in and rig almost complete……I just had to fire the rigged one off just to hear it run. Hooked up hose and was waiting for water to come out of my new exhaust pipes……….No water…WTH….strainer is full….all of a sudden water comes shooting out of the dip stick……Call Bill and he says intake must be leaking…How did you not catch it when you had it on the dyno……Bill says they did not dyno and just hot run it…..I ask why did you charge me for dyno time? Pissed I take off the intake and see no signs of bad gasket. I block off water ports on the head and do a pressure check…that’s when I find that when the rod broke and trashed the cam and crank it also put a hole in the water jacket below the camshaft..Needless to say Bill said it was my fault for having him use junk parts to build my engines……

10x 03-29-2011 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by boatman22 (Post 3363173)
Had a rod bolt come loose on one of my 540’s, decided to sent both engines to Ateco after talking with Bill and reviewing pricing that he had posted online. Feelings that I had posted pricing for machine work, and builds cost that I would know what I was getting. Never took the motors apart and sent them to Ateco. After they got them and they took them apart Bill called me and basely told me both motors were junk. Having built these motors 14 mo earlier, I ask what was junk. Big Brodie aluminum heads on both engines need a lot of work and should be replaced. Cam and crank on blown motor junk..And a lot of other stuff. Told him to fix heads complete with rockers, new crank and rods on 1 engine and I would send him the same crane cam that was in the other motor. Paid ˝ when he started working on the engines. 6mos go by and excuse after excuse. Working on Shogrens stuff, working on other stuff, snow etc. Then no emails….return phone calls… I hope on a plane and rent a pickup truck to get my engines, done with the BS. Arrive at Ateco, and ask for Bill and they ask who I am…..15mins later, Bill comes out front and say they are working on my engines that day. Had 1 block with a crank in it. We talk and resolve all the problems…I pay the rest of the money with a promise they will be ready in 3 weeks. 7 weeks later they ship and I’m happy to finally get my engines. Installing into boat, rig one complete, drop the other one in and rig almost complete……I just had to fire the rigged one off just to hear it run. Hooked up hose and was waiting for water to come out of my new exhaust pipes……….No water…WTH….strainer is full….all of a sudden water comes shooting out of the dip stick……Call Bill and he says intake must be leaking…How did you not catch it when you had it on the dyno……Bill says they did not dyno and just hot run it…..I ask why did you charge me for dyno time? Pissed I take off the intake and see no signs of bad gasket. I block off water ports on the head and do a pressure check…that’s when I find that when the rod broke and trashed the cam and crank it also put a hole in the water jacket below the camshaft..Needless to say Bill said it was my fault for having him use junk parts to build my engines……

:eek: Dude, all I can say is....... you've got WAYYYYY more patients than I've got. I have to really feel sorry for anyone that has to go through any of this kind of termoil, no matter what it is.

Hope you'll be boating this season.

ElimiNordic 03-29-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by boatman22 (Post 3363173)

Was anything done to make this right? You back on the water now? Did they at least refund your dyno money?

Cash Bar 03-29-2011 08:30 PM

Wow...

ElimiNordic 03-29-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 3363195)
Wow...

WOW X2
There must be another side of this story and I can't wait to hear it.