ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ?? >

ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Notices

ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Old 03-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
When you start to play in the big money, high horse engines, you can have things like a valve problem, score or damage a piston, etc. and it is nobody’s fault, it comes with the territory. You can't go back to the builder and assign fault sometimes. But there can be an answer somewhere between full retail repair and a full warranty claim. I have always joked with my builder about "warranty", but really with a engine making 700, 800 or a 1000hp it is tough to believe you should get a warranty at all. As far rigging is concerned, I use to install all my own engines and rig them, but I found a shop who provides turnkey service. They remove my engines, build them, dyno and then rig and install them. This cost a little more but takes all the problems and arguments out of water lines, fuel lines etc. . That way when we do have issues, the blame can’t be shifted to my rigging. The key to this whole deal is use somebody you know and trust, visit their shop in person and see how they keep their shop. Is it neat and clean or a sloppy mess? I would never ever use a builder who is out of town, but that is just me. I have never built an engine where I didn't visit during the build and personally attend all dyno pulls. I am just curious.
Who does your work?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet
Well... Why not keep it light? I thought that was a cute little response to a situation that could easily get heated...

What would that explain? The original problem is still there whether I said" why be a hater bro?" or, the fact I haven't had as much "senority" on here as some of us.

Let's just keep to the fact at hand shall we?

Its the cute little responses about the wrong people that are getting you in trouble. You were doing a good job without them.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Not sure what the real story is..... honestly don't care. But, anyone that relies on OSO for the "truth" or as their main source of information is so out of the loop it's not even funny. ElimiNordic, I know you haven't been around awhile, and seem like a good guy.... but you're wasting your time with these long written posts trying to prove why an enginebuilder coming online to bring out the truth would be a positive thing to do. I believe someone mentioned it before, but most of the big time guys don't go on online forums..... and for good reason.
Hi Mastercraft,
I am new here and I do appreciate the complement. I do realize getting someone to change their behavior is tough, but it can happen. Good customer service is something I feel very strongly about and it gets me whipped into frenzy. My largest competitor never used to respond to his online reviews, stating he would not stoop so low as to engage an online customer. I respond to every posting and review whether positive or negative after learning that to not respond online is to some people, akin to not returning an email or a phone call. My customer's would ask me why I thought my competitor didn't respond to his customers reviews and he would loose jobs over it. After years of ignoring this type of communication, he now hired someone to answer for him. I have IT people who run software 24/7 searching the internet for any mention of my company name in blogs, review sites etc. just so if I have an unhappy or happy customer, we can respond no matter where it's posted. Most all companies recognize the importance of this social networking/Facebook world that has to be dealt with today to keep from being obsolete tomorrow. If the owners of machine shops elect not be aware of what is going on around them, that is their choice. But the ones who embrace and deal with this will be the ones here in the future. Sorry for the length of this answer. Dan
Old 03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
Its the cute little responses about the wrong people that are getting you in trouble. You were doing a good job without them.
Once again... We need to keep to the fact of the matter.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So, back to the real question:

How about some more details, DonZ. I see that you're online.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 03 SONIC
Who does your work?
I don't know if I can answer this here and it is not a ad for him, but I use Atlanta Speed Shop for my engine work and rigging. atlantaspeedshop.com
Old 03-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Hi Mastercraft,
I am new here and I do appreciate the complement. I do realize getting someone to change their behavior is tough, but it can happen. Good customer service is something I feel very strongly about and it gets me whipped into frenzy. My largest competitor never used to respond to his online reviews, stating he would not stoop so low as to engage an online customer. I respond to every posting and review whether positive or negative after learning that to not respond online is to some people, akin to not returning an email or a phone call. My customer's would ask me why I thought my competitor didn't respond to his customers reviews and he would loose jobs over it. After years of ignoring this type of communication, he now hired someone to answer for him. I have IT people who run software 24/7 searching the internet for any mention of my company name in blogs, review sites etc. just so if I have an unhappy or happy customer, we can respond no matter where it's posted. Most all companies recognize the importance of this social networking/Facebook world that has to be dealt with today to keep from being obsolete tomorrow. If the owners of machine shops elect not be aware of what is going on around them, that is their choice. But the ones who embrace and deal with this will be the ones here in the future. Sorry for the length of this answer. Dan
Different circumstances. Offshoreonly doesn't account for a third of the high performance community. The only guys getting into these chit storm arguments are the ones that have no bone in the fight.... just people looking to stir the pot. Notice none of the big players start this up lubejobs, blume, dolla, animalhouse, pblams, and slw388 just to name a few. I dont know how you guys have the time to ramble on about something that has zero bearing on your life.

Haley'sComet,
I'm still laughing at your comment "Just concerned that none of us on here are getting the short end of the stick." Clearly this is not the case.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered

Different circumstances. Offshoreonly doesn't account for a third of the high performance community. The only guys getting into these chit storm arguments are the ones that have no bone in the fight.... just people looking to stir the pot. Notice none of the big players start this up lubejobs, blume, dolla, animalhouse, pblams, and slw388 just to name a few. I dont know how you guys have the time to ramble on about something that has zero bearing on your life.

Haley'sComet,
I'm still laughing at your comment "Just concerned that none of us on here are getting the short end of the stick." Clearly this is not the case.
Well sure... I can just sit back and watch all the fury of the said, she said... and do nothing... that is one option.

We are all on here for one reason. We love Boats.

My comment of: "Just concerned that none of us on here are getting the short end of the stick...."

This statement made by me pertains to the fact that statements have been made by people who have paid big dollars for faulty engine work that have not been countered or remedied by the engine builder themself.

That's it. Period. A simple fact really.

We are all in a "group of our peers" so to speak here on OSO, and you for one, have been quick to call to the carpet issues that you have noticed, as have I, and most of the rest of us.

If you read the previous posts I've made, along with the others in this thread, you will find that there are MAJOR issues left unresolved and unanswered.

When I am ready to have an engine built by a "Professional" who would you think I might ask?

Hopefully your answer was "someone on OSO".

Even though some of what is said about someone else could be heresay at best, at least one just might be able gather an opinion on who might be best suited for that engine build etc., etc.

Why are you making this statement or attack to me?

"Haley'sComet,
I'm still laughing at your comment "Just concerned that none of us on here are getting the short end of the stick." Clearly this is not the case."

Mastercraft... Up until now, I never have talked to you directly, or ever commented on any of your posts.

What is so funny about trying to understand why an engine builder failed (in some opinions here on OSO) to adequately remedy a situation that is obviously so out in the open it is pathetic?

Why not just COME OUT AND SAY WHAT HAPPENED..

I'm sorry, did I just shout that out?

Last edited by Haley'sComet; 03-30-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet

Mastercraft... Up until now, I never have talked to you directly, or ever commented on any of your posts.

What is so funny about trying to understand why an engine builder failed (in some opinions here on OSO) to adequately remedy a situation that is obviously so out in the open it is pathetic?

Why not just COME OUT AND SAY WHAT HAPPENED..

BECAUSE NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT OF IT.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

BECAUSE NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT OF IT.

Really????

Why would having a clear understanding of this problem or issue, so we all know what is fact, and what is fiction, turn out out to be...

"BECAUSE NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT OF IT."

And no, you didn't have to shout...it came out loud and clear what your feeling is and you are most certainly right in whatever that may be.

All the concerned parties, (and the parties not directly related to this particular issue, such as you and I) are looking for, is the final answer to a problem that has been festering for what seems to be quite a while now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.