ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ?? >

ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Notices

ATECO ENGINE SHOP ? GOOD or BAD ??

Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbum
I did not realize that lacking a thorough understanding of the "realities" of this situation meant I could not offer an observation. I clearly haven't much dealings with high performance mechanics. Just a builder that built me a pair of 540 CID 700HP engines and has built many basic to 1500 HP motors.

I was merely pointing out the futility of getting upset with a pretty standard warranty.

Want some warranty reading - go ahead.
http://www.propowermarine.com/2yr-warranty.htm
http://www.eagleenginesales.com/warranty/marine
http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/vp.shtml
http://usaboatmotor.com/advanced-marine-engine-warranty
http://www.ilmor.com/user_area/conte...rranty-v-5.pdf
http://wheelersengines.com/warranty.html

Most big name builders (ie. Sterling, Chief, Teague, Young) do not post their warranties online (nothing implied just an observation). Want to read some really consumer friendly warranties. Take a look at those extended car warranties.
None of those are the same as Atecos. Ateco specifically states if anyone installs their engines other than themselves, its void of warranty AND they dont even do engine installs. Tell me where you read that in these engine builders you've provided. Also, lets take into consideration some logical points. If you buying a short block for $5475 (or whatever that number is), chances are your installing it yourself. Otherwise, you would have had YOUR engine builder build you an engine, no? People buy an Ateco engine because its a cheap alternative to paying a mechanic $95 an hour to do it. Also, what is an authorized mechanic by Ateco standards? Every statement in their warranty claim has a clear out. Authorized mechanic, installing yourself, foreign parts, no refunds for dyno, the list goes on and on. Therefore, they're selling these engines essentially, without a warranty. They give their customers just enough rope to hang themselves. Kind of like the IRS..... but lets be honest, no-ones as bad as the IRS. Never heard of most of those other guys you posted with the exception of Eagle, and I cannot comment on their quality. If you named reputable good engine builders, you'd have something but thats not the case. lmor certifies specific shops. They're also good with warranties. They've sent out brand new cmi headers to a buddy of mine free of charge, instead of repairing the leak.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lifes a biootch and then you get your engines built.
Their answering machine is set on.

Welcome to the ENGINE SHOP, if you started your engine Press 1
It is.

Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Thank you!

If you put oil in your engine... press 2.

It is.

Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Your fault, your flaut, Thank you!

Us engine builders are like a prisoner in the pin, We did nothing wrong, If we missed that hole in your block and charged you for a dyno we didn't do...There is probably a good reason we didn't do a dyno...Please Press 3.

It is.

Please do not call back just keep pressing 1, 2 or 3 We always give you a choice warranty at THE ENGINE SHOP.

It is.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 04-01-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Lifes a biootch and then you get your engines built.
Their answering machine is set on.

Welcome to ATECO ENGINE SHOP, if you started your engine Press 1
It is.

If you put oil in your engine... press 2.

It is.

Us engine builders are like a prisoner in the pin, We did nothing wrong, If we missed that hole in your block and charged you for a dyno we didn't do...There is probably a good reason we didn't do a dyno...Please Press 3.

It is.

Please do not call back just keep pressing 1, 2 or 3 We always give you a choice warranty at ATECO ENGINE SHOP.

It is.

lol,lol,lol...you guys are killing me,lollol
Old 03-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
This is simply the most outrageous warranty I have ever seen. I know you are trying to cover your exposure to misuse, but come on.

If a customer installs his own engine himself, it's out of warranty. No wonder you have only a 50% customer satisfaction history.

If a customer ever has any problem at all, you have a legal out. I can't believe anyone reading this document would ever do business with your shop.

You may be cheap, as one post mentioned, but cheap is never a good thing to be in the world of high performance engines.
+1
+2
+3
+4
Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Reminds me of the Capital 1 commercials. This is Peggy....
Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wigginout
Reminds me of the Capital 1 commercials. This is Peggy....
LMFAO
Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
MasterCraft
"Notice none of the big players start this up lubejobs, blume, dolla, animalhouse, pblams, and slw388 just to name a few. I dont know how you guys have the time to ramble on about something that has zero bearing on your life."

When I see a fellow boater broken down with his engine hatch up, it "has zero bearing on my life", but I ALWAYS swing around to see if I can help. When I see a stranded person on the interstate, it "has zero bearing on my life" but I am going to stop and call for help if needed. If someone needs my help on a project that "has zero bearing on my life," I will offer assistance if I am able. I am not sure what a "big player" here is, but I know I am not one. But I am happy being a "small player" who can be counted on to help when needed. That is my only motivation here as my time is my most valuable commodity. You may find it silly to stand up against a possible wrong and speak out for the downtrodden, but if there is such a thing as a "big player" here on OSO, I would hope that is how they roll also. I do not mean to anger you or anyone else here, because as you point out, I am new here, so everyone to me has no postion in the pecking order. You are all equal and I try and be cordial and polite to all, even the much hated PokerRun. But that is just how I roll. Dan
Well said.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by GRH
There is no such thing as a "trustworthy" engine buuilder.... just ask "one" of the dissatified cutomers that EVERY engine builder has had to deal with at one time or another.... for engine builders the old saying is "F a r t once & they call you stinky for the rest of your life".....
You can build a thousand bridges and will they call you a bridgebuilder? NO. But if you suck one cock........
Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GRH
... for engine builders the old saying is "F a r t once & they call you stinky for the rest of your life"...
Eddie f a r t s all the time. I call him:

1. Stinky
2. MY engine builder

Of course if I screwed up, I switch #1 and #2 above.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Banned

I'm really surprised this thread has not been moved to the proper forum, seeing that mods have posted in here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.