Notices

new theme boat pics!

Old 03-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts
Default new theme boat pics!

As several of you know, I have been working on thsi for some time, but here is a little background. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer about 11 years ago (it started with a tiny unsuspicious "mini-lump" on the mammogram), and has been cancer free for 6. My wife and I had a scare a few years back, but after they did an outpatient surgery for a biopsy, we got the clear. Scared the chit out of us, though. So, fast forward a few years. I bought a BatBoat, and somewhere between picking it up on the east coast, and home (in Iowa), I came up with teh idea of a breast cancer awareness theme. I pitched a couple of hospitals, and went with the one that could give us the best pltaform to spread the word about early detection. In fact the name of the boat is StLukesEarlyDetection.com. We will have an autograph card with a pic and boat details on one side, and information about early detection on the back. I am not looking to cure cancer, but I am looking to take something that we love (boating), and try to beat down something that we hate (cancer). Yearly mams will save lives!

mptrimshop on OSO lives over by Chicago and his mom is a survivor. he picked up my red racing seats and made them green! he did it just because he wanted to be a part of this! Pretty cool! I have quite a few stories like that already.

Anyway, here are some pics. We may look for a couple of opportunities to take it on the road if we can help a local charity. We will for sure be at the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout in the fall.

Yes, that is my 70 year old mom sitting on the bow. She had no idea of this project until we unveiled it to the sponsors just the day before!
Attached Thumbnails new theme boat pics!-sidecockpit.jpg   new theme boat pics!-side.jpg   new theme boat pics!-saramason.jpg  

new theme boat pics!-parade.jpg   new theme boat pics!-momonboat.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

more
Attached Thumbnails new theme boat pics!-interior.jpg   new theme boat pics!-handouts.jpg   new theme boat pics!-entorage.jpg  

new theme boat pics!-backside.jpg   new theme boat pics!-b4parade.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

StLukesEarlyDetection.com is not the fastest, coolest, most detailed theme boat by any means, but it does make people think a bit. A couple of mammogram appointments were made and they commented about seeing the boat at the parade.

Several times during the parade, the crowd would erupt in an ovation for my mom. Pretty cool ****! I could throw the boat away today and still be ahead of the game.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Registered

Oh yea, one last item. I did have a set of steps fabricated so that at showings I can allow people to get into the baot to have pics taken. Not only will it get my sponsors in pics, but hopefully it will get some younger folks fired up on boating! So many times it is a look but dont touch kind of thing, but this is different.

All I need to do is just slow folks down for a minute to get them to think about early detection!
Attached Thumbnails new theme boat pics!-steps-large-.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turned out awesome!!!!!!

Great job and great work!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, thats a great thing you have accomplished !
Thanks for sharing.
I lost my Mom to breast cancer at a fairly young age and my Wife also lost her Mom to it.The family participates in the 60 mile walks etc. for the charities.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You, my friend, are a very good person. If this world had more people like you, it would be a much much better world. Keep up the good work
Old 03-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just AWESOME!!! Congratz!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

nice job! boat looks amazing! the green is awesome!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
You, my friend, are a very good person. If this world had more people like you, it would be a much much better world. Keep up the good work
I appreciate the kind words.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.