If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    28 Pantera
    Toronto Ontario

Got a Go Pro HD for Birthday

So my family bought me one for my irthday along with the suction mount and the memory card.

Has anyone ever lost one from rough water?

Where is the best place to mount it?

Any tips on usage?

I cant wait to make a video of a hard rough water run in the Pantera lol!

VIP Member VIP Member OldSchool's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
    Good thread and I can't wait to see the replies. I want to buy the GoPro and don't know what I need to order. Does everything come in a package or do you pay extra for "accessories"??

.....and...... Happy Birthday!!
    I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!

LI, New York
    Haven't lost one yet. I believe Freedom US1 has though. When you do mount, make sure you have 20-30% of the boat in the screen for a base point of view. Make sure you have at least a 16g class 4 memory card.

My Boats:
    little cat...BIG MOTOR
    Aurora Ontario
    shoot in 960 ( r setting 4 ) for the best transfer to u tube. 1080 squashes the vertical too much.

Concerned about loosing it? Tie a safety line to is with some serious mono filament fishing line or the like.

Craig, the motorsports package is the complete deal. Lots of different mounts etc.