Notices

When is fast too fast?

Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Lots of good input on here.
Flying vs boating. I have to agree with SS930. Not saying flying is easy. You just don't see average people buying super sonic speed planes, stealth fighters, putting twin turbos on their cessna, etc! Imagine if people spent the weekends "cruising the sky, airplane poker runs, "tieing up" in large groups in the sky while some drunk show off does a fly by! Sky divers jumping from all directions (ie tubers and jet skiers)
LOL!!!!!
That would be fun.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about 163.2 in this laying on your back and its for sale.
Attached Thumbnails When is fast too fast?-go-kart-006.jpg  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the end it all boils down to common sense, or the lack of it. I enjoy running hard, but its something you do out in the big lake, away from the crowded areas. I know most of us have done some things we shouldnt have, but most learn from it. Bottom line, we are a small but very visible group, and if we dont keep our act together and police ourselves, someone else will do it. If someone goes roaring through a crowded area, everyone should step up and say something. A showoff only shows off if he gets approval. The way things are with jet skis, ski-boats, kayaks, fishing boats etc out there you have to be on your toes at all times. Last summer I ran across 2 guys in ocean kayaks 8 miles out in Lake Michigan, talk about hard to see till they are close!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u can flip a 13 whealer powered by a 35 hp rude and get killed 99.99% of the people running that fast have a bunch of time running a boat at speed it's not there first time . i use to think the jet ski crowed was the problem not . a 80 mph bass boat with a dumb ass driveing worrys me more . i would love to go 180 plus in a fountain . but would not do it with out some one use to driveing it .long live going fast on the water
Old 03-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=offshorexcursion;3364810]

Flying vs boating. I have to agree with SS930. Not saying flying is easy. You just don't see average people buying super sonic speed planes, stealth fighters, putting twin turbos on their cessna, etc! Imagine if people spent the weekends "cruising the sky, airplane poker runs, "tieing up" in large groups in the sky while some drunk show off does a fly by! Sky divers jumping from all directions (ie tubers and jet skiers)

dont laugh to hard BIG Daddy and there are flying clubs that meet for breakfast and fly from airport to airport for food/beverage/catch a game no different then a motorcycle club/run,a street car club/run and can buy the plane & run it way cheaper then the cost of some of these boats . carry on
Old 03-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default When is fast too fast?

163.1 MPH

If your boat goes that fast you should be banned from the river and
forced to buy different engines in Waukegan, IL.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dbkski
163.1 MPH

If your boat goes that fast you should be banned from the river and
forced to buy different engines in Waukegan, IL.
No thanks DAVE then i'd have to get used to running only 60 mph with there powerplants ,start boating on the F@X, and hang a hand!cap placard on the bow rail ..OUCH
Attached Thumbnails When is fast too fast?-runnin-hot-gps-163.1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing163.1;3365045]
Originally Posted by offshorexcursion

putting twin turbos on their cessna, etc!

My Columbia, now cessna corvalis has twin turbos. I've done over 400 mph GS in it with a healthy tailwind.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motorcycle manufacters implemented a voluntary speed restriction in 2001 as to avoid the goverment from doing so by force, this only keeps the liberals happy(the speed limiters can be by passed for $40 retail or $5 at radio shack-sad facts) but the fact is that 98 % of bikes cant go over 185mph. the other 2% have turbo's or built motors. I dont see how this helps but it keeps the gov't off the manufactuers backs. The police keep top speed running regulated by fear of riders dealing w lic. infractions(this little angle seems to be policing fairly well)

Boats can run at prudent speeds almost anywhere--whats safe and prudent to one is not safe and prudent to others due to all the factors that are listed previous to this post(alcohol, families, ski's, etc), but i wonder why the requiremnets to operate a boat are so lax....i been boating for 5+ yrs and was never required to take any type of courses or get a operators lic....

Would being forced to have a boat oper. lic and maybe a safe speed endorsment on it work similar to a drivers lic and its endorsements. of course like most i enjoy being able to run my boat at high speed w/out the fear of being harrassed--so i am by no means against speed. Also would it be too much to make the courses educate future boaters rather than shuffle them through a course to end up w a operating lic.???

Could this work to preserve our future?
Old 03-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My opinion, this question or concern can be asked on anything in life!!
To fast driving to work? When is 80 ok and when is 60 better?
When is repairing or fixing something to fast an issue? When things are over looked because of haste
When is eating to fast, to fast? When it makes you throw up!
Life in general is too fast in this day and age!!
Everyone needs to relax, stop taking a step and look into more of life!
Do not get me wrong, I love my boat running 90, I love the Bike running 100, so on and so on.
This 'When is to fast to fast' concern should be about life in general, not just about the speed of a boat

Ok, I am done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.