Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   When is fast too fast? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/250479-when-fast-too-fast.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-31-2011 05:15 PM

[QUOTE=offshorexcursion;3364810]

Flying vs boating. I have to agree with SS930. Not saying flying is easy. You just don't see average people buying super sonic speed planes, stealth fighters, putting twin turbos on their cessna, etc! Imagine if people spent the weekends "cruising the sky, airplane poker runs, "tieing up" in large groups in the sky while some drunk show off does a fly by! Sky divers jumping from all directions (ie tubers and jet skiers)

dont laugh to hard BIG Daddy and there are flying clubs that meet for breakfast and fly from airport to airport for food/beverage/catch a game no different then a motorcycle club/run,a street car club/run and can buy the plane & run it way cheaper then the cost of some of these boats . carry on :grinser010:

dbkski 03-31-2011 05:29 PM

When is fast too fast?

163.1 MPH

If your boat goes that fast you should be banned from the river and
forced to buy different engines in Waukegan, IL. :lolhit:

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-31-2011 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dbkski (Post 3365054)
163.1 MPH

If your boat goes that fast you should be banned from the river and
forced to buy different engines in Waukegan, IL. :lolhit:

No thanks DAVE then i'd have to get used to running only 60 mph with there powerplants ,start boating on the F@X, and hang a hand!cap placard on the bow rail ..OUCH :eek::lolhit:

BraceYourself 03-31-2011 05:54 PM

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing163.1;3365045]

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion (Post 3364810)

putting twin turbos on their cessna, etc!

My Columbia, now cessna corvalis has twin turbos. I've done over 400 mph GS in it with a healthy tailwind. :)

kilrbusa 03-31-2011 05:57 PM

Motorcycle manufacters implemented a voluntary speed restriction in 2001 as to avoid the goverment from doing so by force, this only keeps the liberals happy(the speed limiters can be by passed for $40 retail or $5 at radio shack-sad facts) but the fact is that 98 % of bikes cant go over 185mph. the other 2% have turbo's or built motors. I dont see how this helps but it keeps the gov't off the manufactuers backs. The police keep top speed running regulated by fear of riders dealing w lic. infractions(this little angle seems to be policing fairly well)

Boats can run at prudent speeds almost anywhere--whats safe and prudent to one is not safe and prudent to others due to all the factors that are listed previous to this post(alcohol, families, ski's, etc), but i wonder why the requiremnets to operate a boat are so lax....i been boating for 5+ yrs and was never required to take any type of courses or get a operators lic....

Would being forced to have a boat oper. lic and maybe a safe speed endorsment on it work similar to a drivers lic and its endorsements. of course like most i enjoy being able to run my boat at high speed w/out the fear of being harrassed--so i am by no means against speed. Also would it be too much to make the courses educate future boaters rather than shuffle them through a course to end up w a operating lic.???

Could this work to preserve our future?

MnFastBoat 03-31-2011 05:59 PM

My opinion, this question or concern can be asked on anything in life!!
To fast driving to work? When is 80 ok and when is 60 better?
When is repairing or fixing something to fast an issue? When things are over looked because of haste
When is eating to fast, to fast? When it makes you throw up!
Life in general is too fast in this day and age!!
Everyone needs to relax, stop taking a step and look into more of life!
Do not get me wrong, I love my boat running 90, I love the Bike running 100, so on and so on.
This 'When is to fast to fast' concern should be about life in general, not just about the speed of a boat

Ok, I am done ;)

suicideblonde 03-31-2011 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing163.1;3365045]

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion (Post 3364810)

Flying vs boating. I have to agree with SS930. Not saying flying is easy. You just don't see average people buying super sonic speed planes, stealth fighters, putting twin turbos on their cessna, etc! Imagine if people spent the weekends "cruising the sky, airplane poker runs, "tieing up" in large groups in the sky while some drunk show off does a fly by! Sky divers jumping from all directions (ie tubers and jet skiers)

dont laugh to hard BIG Daddy and there are flying clubs that meet for breakfast and fly from airport to airport for food/beverage/catch a game no different then a motorcycle club/run,a street car club/run and can buy the plane & run it way cheaper then the cost of some of these boats . carry on :grinser010:

Silly Boy.....

Some of us keep our boats in the Bahamas, fly our plane to the islands and run the boat from island to island; drinking, rippin and running!

PS- my jet is a little faster than your Skater and my run way less forgiving :kiss:

PARADOX 03-31-2011 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=suicideblonde;3365223]

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 (Post 3365045)

Silly Boy.....

Some of us keep our boats in the Bahamas, fly our plane to the islands and run the boat from island to island; drinking, rippin and running!

PS- my jet is a little faster than your Skater and my run way less forgiving :kiss:

I tell you what's to fast... Trying to type something that will totaly get me in trouble. Really fast.... Like....>>>>>
If this blond is a girl,, I want to meet her. FAST.. :party-smiley-004:

catlife 03-31-2011 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=PARADOX;3365257]

Originally Posted by suicideblonde (Post 3365223)

I tell you what's to fast... Trying to type something that will totaly get me in trouble. Really fast.... Like....>>>>>
If this blond is a girl,, I want to meet her. FAST.. :party-smiley-004:

Good luck !

Out There 03-31-2011 09:44 PM

"It is when anyone on our boat or around our boat is unknowingly put in a position where their safety is compromised by our actions. That is when we are going too fast." Tom A
Great thread! Best quote from Tom A. Some very good ideas expressed on this thread for all performance boaters to consider.

I definitely would agree with most that big brother is not the answer but he will get involved unfortunately when their is a big accident.

I would also speculate that the guy that will have the big accident that takes lives is not reading this thread...