Notices

When is fast too fast?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by elvisali
Its 'too fast' when the operator doesnt have the seat time with the specific boat they are operating, and the proper amount of respect for the speed they are going.

So many variables in a boat.....size, power, steps, not steps, single, dual, props in, props out, etc, etc......each change is a learning curve, and it all depends on operator experience at the end of the day. If I were a passenger in a Skater with Teague driving and doing 130 mph, I would probably feel safer then being in a 17' Whaler with some of the knuckleheads I see at the ramp on a sunday
Theres some serious truth in that post. Too fast is when the driver is in over his head. Period.

I have happily jumped into a few very fast boats for a ride without any fear at all.
I have turned down rides in much slower boats for fear of death or worse.

Only difference was the nut behind the wheel .
Old 03-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Scot, if you started this thread because I went out and bought the Excalibur Hawk, I just want you to know, I have plenty of boating experience having had MANY boats in the past. I know how to drive a boat, I can tow a tuber, I use my blinkers when needed, and heck, I have even parallel parked the SOB! Stop worrying that this big 40 footer is gonna run you in your kayak over!! You shouldnt even be in the ocean in a kayak! Thats the real danger here.......
Old 03-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Scot, if you started this thread because I went out and bought the Excalibur Hawk, I just want you to know, I have plenty of boating experience having had MANY boats in the past. I know how to drive a boat, I can tow a tuber, I use my blinkers when needed, and heck, I have even parallel parked the SOB! Stop worrying that this big 40 footer is gonna run you in your kayak over!! You shouldnt even be in the ocean in a kayak! Thats the real danger here.......
too funny Bro
i think Scots bored and wont see a boat unless Santa puts one under his tree
Old 03-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
too funny Bro
Old 03-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rules are always made for two reasons. Either to make money for the govt or to deter people from doing an unsafe act that has happened multiple times before ending in injury or death.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
I'm worried about you since you haven't installed that roll bar on that thing yet! Dont worry about me, I still have the bright yellow cat that you wont be able to miss out on the water... it still has one engine that's running!

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
too funny Bro
Bored, yes. I'm still waiting for old Santa Dar to deliver that Skater of his.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Lots of good input on here.
Flying vs boating. I have to agree with SS930. Not saying flying is easy. You just don't see average people buying super sonic speed planes, stealth fighters, putting twin turbos on their cessna, etc! Imagine if people spent the weekends "cruising the sky, airplane poker runs, "tieing up" in large groups in the sky while some drunk show off does a fly by! Sky divers jumping from all directions (ie tubers and jet skiers)
LOL!!!!!
That would be fun.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about 163.2 in this laying on your back and its for sale.
Attached Thumbnails When is fast too fast?-go-kart-006.jpg  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered

In the end it all boils down to common sense, or the lack of it. I enjoy running hard, but its something you do out in the big lake, away from the crowded areas. I know most of us have done some things we shouldnt have, but most learn from it. Bottom line, we are a small but very visible group, and if we dont keep our act together and police ourselves, someone else will do it. If someone goes roaring through a crowded area, everyone should step up and say something. A showoff only shows off if he gets approval. The way things are with jet skis, ski-boats, kayaks, fishing boats etc out there you have to be on your toes at all times. Last summer I ran across 2 guys in ocean kayaks 8 miles out in Lake Michigan, talk about hard to see till they are close!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u can flip a 13 whealer powered by a 35 hp rude and get killed 99.99% of the people running that fast have a bunch of time running a boat at speed it's not there first time . i use to think the jet ski crowed was the problem not . a 80 mph bass boat with a dumb ass driveing worrys me more . i would love to go 180 plus in a fountain . but would not do it with out some one use to driveing it .long live going fast on the water

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.