Notices

When is fast too fast?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing163.1;3365045]
Originally Posted by offshorexcursion

Flying vs boating. I have to agree with SS930. Not saying flying is easy. You just don't see average people buying super sonic speed planes, stealth fighters, putting twin turbos on their cessna, etc! Imagine if people spent the weekends "cruising the sky, airplane poker runs, "tieing up" in large groups in the sky while some drunk show off does a fly by! Sky divers jumping from all directions (ie tubers and jet skiers)

dont laugh to hard BIG Daddy and there are flying clubs that meet for breakfast and fly from airport to airport for food/beverage/catch a game no different then a motorcycle club/run,a street car club/run and can buy the plane & run it way cheaper then the cost of some of these boats . carry on

Silly Boy.....

Some of us keep our boats in the Bahamas, fly our plane to the islands and run the boat from island to island; drinking, rippin and running!

PS- my jet is a little faster than your Skater and my run way less forgiving
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=suicideblonde;3365223]
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1

Silly Boy.....

Some of us keep our boats in the Bahamas, fly our plane to the islands and run the boat from island to island; drinking, rippin and running!

PS- my jet is a little faster than your Skater and my run way less forgiving
I tell you what's to fast... Trying to type something that will totaly get me in trouble. Really fast.... Like....>>>>>
If this blond is a girl,, I want to meet her. FAST..
Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered

Wink

[QUOTE=PARADOX;3365257]
Originally Posted by suicideblonde

I tell you what's to fast... Trying to type something that will totaly get me in trouble. Really fast.... Like....>>>>>
Good luck !

Last edited by catlife; 03-31-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"It is when anyone on our boat or around our boat is unknowingly put in a position where their safety is compromised by our actions. That is when we are going too fast." Tom A
Great thread! Best quote from Tom A. Some very good ideas expressed on this thread for all performance boaters to consider.

I definitely would agree with most that big brother is not the answer but he will get involved unfortunately when their is a big accident.

I would also speculate that the guy that will have the big accident that takes lives is not reading this thread...
Old 03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=PARADOX;3365257]
Originally Posted by suicideblonde

( . )( . )
Old 03-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera572
Great thread! Best quote from Tom A. Some very good ideas expressed on this thread for all performance boaters to consider.

I definitely would agree with most that big brother is not the answer but he will get involved unfortunately when their is a big accident.

I would also speculate that the guy that will have the big accident that takes lives is not reading this thread...

Agreed...
Old 03-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guide aides & limiters ??? smokin toilet paper again ...
Ever heard of rev limiters in cars? They have them.

As for "guide aids" I would assume he's talking about all wheel drive, electronic stability control, traction control, ready alert braking, rain brake support and things of that nature which even the Chrysler 300 offers now, not to mention Audi, Mercedes Benz, Rolls Royce etc etc...
Old 03-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian41
How about 163.2 in this laying on your back and its for sale.
Whatthehelizzat??
Old 04-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 1 Post

and they can go buy a Lambo, or an airplane for a speed fix so whats any different , and i doubt they'd be a 1st X boater
So you are telling us that at 150+ MPH boats and aircraft have the same degree of risk? Are you on crack?

1) Aircraft travel is generally governed by strict radar monitored traffic control together with sophisticated anti-collision technology. Boats? –well I suppose we have navigation rules…
2) High performance boats have no requirement to pass anything close to the equivalent of the FAA maintenance and airworthy standards;
3) Watercraft stability is largely dependant upon the relative flatness of the water’s surface. Any sudden substantial deviation in this surface at 150+ MPH (such as an unseen wake or rouge wave) and it’s probably lights out. The equivalent for aircraft is turbulence but generally aircraft have inherent stability and 3 axis of continuous control so a major deviation in pitch, roll or yaw can be countered. A boat only has yaw and a limited degree of pitch/roll control if it is in contact with the water. Once you’ve launched in the air you have no control…nothing;
4) Pilots of aircraft are required to pass regular competency and medical exams (just to take off) whilst apparently high performance boat operators in the US are not required to pass any medical or competency exam whatsoever;

Do I need to continue?

ND1
Old 04-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nautdesign1
Pilots of aircraft are required to pass regular competency and medical exams (just to take off) whilst apparently high performance boat operators in the US are not required to pass any medical or competency exam whatsoever
And they can and often do drive legally drunk which is my personal pet peeve

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ige-rocks.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.