Notices

Scarab 26 Larry Smith

Old 07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab 26 Larry Smith

Hello!

A good friend of mine is looking at a Scarab 26 LS in the area of Seattle, State Washington. As me, he lives overseas and thats why I now asking if anyone in here knows about the boat and its whereabouts.

And of course the best would be if anyone in here knew the current owner of the boat. And then we get to the big question, how do you pay as safe as possible, so neither my friend or the Scarab owner get scammed. On my mail I got the title on both trailer and boat. But I really wonder if its helps my friend so much?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

PM pantera572 he knows a lot about what is available on these boats. He just pick one up not long ago. He may know something about it.

Good luck.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Luuk, that boat in Seattle is the same boat listed in the classified section of OSO. One of the photos shows identical race #s.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Luuk,

get the boat surveyed. I purchased a boat from the gentleman that is selling this boat and after investing another $22,000 into it, it finally became the boat he promised me I was receiving. The hull is a great hull, but mechanically, who knows after he has had his hands on it. I know shame on me and lesson learned, but please learn from my mistakes especially when dealing with this used car salesman.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Luuk,

get the boat surveyed. I purchased a boat from the gentleman that is selling this boat and after investing another $22,000 into it, it finally became the boat he promised me I was receiving. The hull is a great hull, but mechanically, who knows after he has had his hands on it. I know shame on me and lesson learned, but please learn from my mistakes especially when dealing with this used car salesman.
Thanks for sharing information like that F1-00!

It would be great if anyone here on OSO could survey the boat, and of course money will be transferred to that person.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that Shanes old boat?
Old 07-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Registered

Luuk,

Really? The boat you bought from me was Frank Sorro's boat. It was the boat you and frank raced before I got it.It sat outside the fountain factory for more then 1 year. I put it in the water 2 times lost a drive and then sold it back to you for 10k less. Now your the victum? This is the first I've even heard you were upset! Can I be upset on this deal also?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Luuk,

I second this motion as I had a similar experience with the same dealer....about the same costs too. I was a direct witness to Trent's issues (and him to mine), so I can back him up on this. He's lucky he still has his, as I don't anymore.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This one was Shane's
Steve

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/boa/1830924752.html
Old 07-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
Cool,

Almost got to race that boat once, but we stuck with the 24 pantera instead Just thought since the other was in the Northwest that it coulda been Shanes, I see his styed in FL(and the steeel trailer shows it). Do you ever talk to Shane? I lost his # a few years back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.