Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SBI Factory 2 THE TRUE STORY!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25070-sbi-factory-2-true-story.html)

LubeJobs42 05-23-2002 09:14 PM

SBI Factory 2 THE TRUE STORY!!!!!

I am the owner of Lube Jobs 42. I race Supercat Limited and yes I raced in Ft. Myers. Apparently someone posted something this week regarding cheating in the F-2 class of SBI and made it look like the info came from me. Well It didn’t. I have been trying to find it with no luck. The only thing I could find was something written by “Ricos Revenge” in which he does refer to us in his post. Maybe I can shed some light on the subject. I will admit some of the factory 2 guys were running fast as Hell. The whole problem stated when we chose to start the second start of the race rather then the first. There were just too many boats. I think it was about 18. Every boat was trying to find clean water so there was a lot of lane changing. The guys on the inside and outside of the coarse had clean water so they had a better start. A few of the F-2 guys were a little bit ahead of us. It’s not like it says in all the past posts that they ran away from us with 10 MPH on us. The coarse was very very crowded. There were also several boats that broke and were still in the middle of the coarse that everyone had to go around. I broke an outdrive in the 3rd lap and while we were pulling off the coarse 3 F-2 boats went by us so we were ahead of them. I’m not sure if there is any cheating going on in the F-2 class and truthfully, it’s not my concern. I do know in my class I race against some of the nicest people I know and every single one of us is friends. The class is competitive but fun. There is NO cheating going on what so ever! None of us would even consider it. In fact, Larry my throttle man loaned Bank Beaters the props he beat us with. Larry also changed Zipp Express’s Water pump at the dock 10 min before the race so he could also beat us. Hey, I better get a new throttle man, Maybe I’ll win then! Just kidding. I have nothing bad to say about anyone from SBI. The people are all great. Remember, when it comes to racing there are winners and losers. When some people loose they feel better if they can blame someone else.

Payton 05-23-2002 09:20 PM

Very classy post Lube Job. Welcome to the board!

TulsaLarry 05-23-2002 09:25 PM

Welcome to the board LubeJobs42:)

After reading all the threads about F-2s going 110 mph it is nice to hear from someone who was actually involved in the race.

Sorry to hear you broke and did not finish the race.

cast 05-23-2002 10:12 PM

whats up

:D it not that bad oil can man:D

Steve 1 05-23-2002 10:40 PM

Nice post Lube Job !
You have the class of a winner.

Best Regards:)

fountain1fan 05-23-2002 11:31 PM

lube jobs 42 verrry classie post great to hear from some body that was there im a fan not a racer but i do know why apba is slower than sbi in apba they lowerd the x dem on the factory boats to SLOW THEM DOWN FOR PAIRTY and saftey thats to bad apba will not adv as fast as sbi

Boat Girl 05-24-2002 01:30 PM

Thanks for the post, it was nice meeting you at registration...See you in Marathon... :D

Hot Duck 05-25-2002 03:30 PM

Hey Boat Girl - Great to see you in Ft. Myeres even if it was for only a few minutes! I know that Scooter Boy is really looking forward to the next trip.

Lube Jobs - Well said!

Lynch Mob (F2-3)