Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
She talked me into a cruiser! >

She talked me into a cruiser!

Notices

She talked me into a cruiser!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4bus you can take a ride with us when ever you get the itch to go fast. See you soon! Duke
Old 04-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I reluctantly sold our 26 Sonic with a 500 HP for a 32 regal with twin 454's and Bravo 3's. I never once looked back. The regal is laid out extremely well and has plenty of power, for a cruiser. I have seen 51 on GPS, and with the B3's, it gets right out of the water. I find we mostly cruise around 30 with it, so going from one end of the lake to the other does take a while.

I campaigned hard this year for a 29 or 31 Formula to add to the fleet, but was shot down for another year. Either way, I think the Regal is going to be in the family for quite a while, it is just so versatile when you have 3 girls and want to spend a full day on the water.

I believe you will love your new cruiser.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Nolan.....how the hell you been? Don't think I won't run this pig in the swamp run hahah
We would be disapointed if you didn't, back in 2004 the very 1st Swamp Run a guy in a 30' Carver won the whole thing and recieved a ticket in brewerton on the way down from DEC, and in the beach at the end of the run. But they had a great time and the $2000 they won more then covered the tickets. I've been well tring to get wedding plans together as well as possibly buying another house and been super busy at the shop......LOOOOOONNNGGG Winter!! How is the 4bus?
Old 04-12-2011, 05:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

She is happy and I still GO FAST!
Well when its running!
Attached Thumbnails She talked me into a cruiser!-photo373.jpg  
Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by custom29scarab
4bus you can take a ride with us when ever you get the itch to go fast. See you soon! Duke
Thanks Duke! I am going to hold you to that!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NY POWERBOAT INC
We would be disapointed if you didn't, back in 2004 the very 1st Swamp Run a guy in a 30' Carver won the whole thing and recieved a ticket in brewerton on the way down from DEC, and in the beach at the end of the run. But they had a great time and the $2000 they won more then covered the tickets. I've been well tring to get wedding plans together as well as possibly buying another house and been super busy at the shop......LOOOOOONNNGGG Winter!! How is the 4bus?
Wow Congrats.....gotta love those Chittenango girls huh?? hahaha

You are always buying something! I am good bro, and yes this winter was too long.

Let me know if you see any large lifts for sale on the North Shore, I would rather keep this thing in the water behind the house....it tows like a big marshmallow

This pic is before the air leveling suspension kicked in, just wierd towing a boat this tall

Old 04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
She is happy and I still GO FAST!
Well when its running!
Don't say that, I thought cruisers don't break???
Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
I used to hang with a bunch of cruiser guys....said "used to" because almost all of their boats are now either dry docked or sold.....but what I find with those things is their just waterborne mobile party platforms.....you can eat/sleep/party on them really well but they are no fun to drive whatsoever.....take a fast corner and there is s hit flying all over the place.

They used to say that my boat "is too one dimensional"...I would say "NO....your boat is too one dimensional....the only thing that thing does well is party".....theres no comparison between going for an all day cruise (actual boating!) in my boat compared to a cruiser....the speed/handling/acceleration, no comparison.....in actuality they almost never went on an all day cruise.....their idea of a "run" would be to cruise out to the various nearby party spots (no more than an hour of actual "boating") and party all day then come back...it gets old.....in reality many cruisers in our Marina never leave the dock.....we have a lot of water up here and my idea of a run is to be out for 9 or10hrs with at least 5 or6 of it underway, the bulk of it at my economical 35 - 40mph cruise speed taking in the sights with occasional blasts to 65....actual boating!...the cruiser guys would do something like that once a summer and it would be their "big trip".....we do this every weekend

They overnight more comfortably than me but as my wife once said "its not about how much stuff you can bring its about how much stuff you can leave at home....."
I can't imagine driving any boat for 9-10 hrs, I drive enough all week.

Keep in mind I live on a 22x5 mile lake, we drive to a bay...meet up..then go home or to our destinahahaation when the sun goes down. The part I am scared about is the roar of thru hull and the site of rooster tails at the end of the day.

Get this....the charplotter has a max speed memory of 46.8 MPH, but the boat came from Niagra Falls area, so there is a good chance that speed came from going over the falls hahahaha
Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Well it is way better than what my wife wants to do she is thinking fishing boat I don't thinks so That does look like a nice boat.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by donzi matt
I reluctantly sold our 26 Sonic with a 500 HP for a 32 regal with twin 454's and Bravo 3's. I never once looked back. The regal is laid out extremely well and has plenty of power, for a cruiser. I have seen 51 on GPS, and with the B3's, it gets right out of the water. I find we mostly cruise around 30 with it, so going from one end of the lake to the other does take a while.

I campaigned hard this year for a 29 or 31 Formula to add to the fleet, but was shot down for another year. Either way, I think the Regal is going to be in the family for quite a while, it is just so versatile when you have 3 girls and want to spend a full day on the water.

I believe you will love your new cruiser.
Nice,

Ya we also peeked at a Formula 330SS which is about the closest thing I have seen to being both a cruiser and some kind of go fast. However it needed new vynil, had queer colors (go figure) and had a smell in a cuddie that we knew whould never come out. Take a homeless mans dirty sock and store it in the a$$ crack of another homeless man for a few months and you will get an idea of what that boat smelled like. Also had a 10 ft beam and the dealer refused to put it on the trailer, told me they would drop in the water and then I would be on my own.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...33-SS-97612199

This boat will chose will be easy to move I think.....yes already thinking ahead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.