Mercury Racing NXT Drives... >

Mercury Racing NXT Drives...

Notices

Mercury Racing NXT Drives...

Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Love him or hate him, he did give us all something to grip about this cold winter when we could not get on the water.

Someone asked about his age and he did say he was old enough to vote and drive, but so far he will not tell us his age.

But think about the hundreds and hundreds of posts he generated, and all the threads he started.
Even though he did not need to know some of the information he asked about, I actually got some good from the answers from "real" boaters.

I am polite to him and everyone else here just because that is my personality.
I do also tire of his questions of what is the fastest so and so brand and can you send pictures, but sometimes I sit and laugh out load at some of the answers you guys blast him with.

So in a weird sort of way he provides me with entertainment by being such a pain.

I just do not understand one thing. I thought you had to have a paid membership to see pictures and videos. How in the frig does he see them?
I want whatever your on. Usually your posts are pretty good, but between this one and your "cats are 20mph with the same power", "496HO's are crap"..... man you must of switched to that blue magic
Old 04-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
I want whatever your on. Usually your posts are pretty good, but between this one and your "cats are 20mph with the same power", "496HO's are crap"..... man you must of switched to that blue magic
The point about the 496 is it is not a good starting point if you want to add power. The whole rotating assembly needs to be replaced and do the heads and valve train.

My point that if you can find a good 454 boat, you would have better parts for a boat. The 496 was and is just a low hp truck engine and takes a lot of cash to make it anything else. I am glad to see it go away.

I don't know what Blue Magic, is but I do not have any. Was that the name of the heroin in American Gangster?

Sorry about the cat statement, but I used to try and make V hulls go fast, but there is nothing like driving a cat into the wind and chop and feeling the hull start to pack air. My boat will get going 15 to 20 mph faster with no increase in throttle, just air packing under the boat.

I know you like your boat, but have you ever been super fast in a big cat? Not 80 or 90 mph, but fast. It is an adrenaline rush like nothing else.
Dan
Old 04-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just do not understand one thing. I thought you had to have a paid membership to see pictures and videos. How in the frig does he see them?
Dan. You don't need a paid membership to see pics and vids. Thats only in the "adult" forum you know. And he ain't in there asking how fast she is or how much she'll cost

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 04-06-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Dan. You don't need a paid membership to see pics and vids. Thats only in the "audult" forum you know. And he ain't in there asking how fast she is or how much she'll cost

NOT AS OF YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
NOT AS OF YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once summer hits and he saves up money from his job at the pizza parlor all bets are off!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered

The point about the 496 is it is not a good starting point if you want to add power. The whole rotating assembly needs to be replaced and do the heads and valve train.

My point that if you can find a good 454 boat, you would have better parts for a boat. The 496 was and is just a low hp truck engine and takes a lot of cash to make it anything else. I am glad to see it go away.

I don't know what Blue Magic, is but I do not have any. Was that the name of the heroin in American Gangster?

Sorry about the cat statement, but I used to try and make V hulls go fast, but there is nothing like driving a cat into the wind and chop and feeling the hull start to pack air. My boat will get going 15 to 20 mph faster with no increase in throttle, just air packing under the boat.

I know you like your boat, but have you ever been super fast in a big cat? Not 80 or 90 mph, but fast. It is an adrenaline rush like nothing else.
Dan
Dan,
Its not about me liking my boat. Kryptos are great, but they are by no means the best boat out there. They are very good boats, and that's all I'll say about that. You might if missed the three other manufacturers I mentioned-- Lavey, activator, and superboat. All those I'd imagine would achieve far beyond the 80mph with twin 496HO's you've stated, considering most of them achieve 80mph with a SINGLE 496HO. The question is not about the adrenaline rush. To run a cat, you need to be experienced. It's not a hop in and go type of boat, especially when you're talking about smaller cats. The gentleman asking the question needs a beginner boat, and that is simply not someone I'd recommend a cat to. A single 496HO or 500efi in a 28-30 footer is a perfect beginner boat. It'll be simple to maintain, give him an 80mph adrenaline rush and allow him to become familiar with the contingencies of operating a high performance boat. It'll also allow him to keep the resale value up, staying with mercury power. He'll enable himself to move up to a bigger faster boat with ease without taking THAT big of a hit.

PS: You are correct. Blue Magic is the name of heroine in American Gangster.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan

Hey Dan so how long have you know miss adrenaline Rush ??? YOWZERS
Attached Thumbnails Mercury Racing NXT Drives...-carrie.jpg  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 04-06-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Next Time I'll make a note, I thought Sutphen and Fountain were pretty damn funny at the time....After all I did photoshop it lol
Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

Hey Dan so how long have you know miss adrenaline Rush ???
I met her first in 1969. A good year for me. Was the summer of love and peace. Or piece.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:53 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey Dan so how long have you know miss adrenaline Rush ???
lmao, I was wondering how long it was going to take before you posted a pic of some hot chick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.