Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Over 50 women (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25084-over-50-women.html)

fountain1fan 05-25-2002 02:12 PM

tinker put her on a fountain 38 sc or the new 48 cruser you still run over 70 mph and haveall the confrounts of home

Tinkerer 05-25-2002 06:45 PM

Fountain 1 fan-- Almost bought the 38 SC before looking at the 34 SCARAB. We didn't like the 38SC.

dyno 06-06-2002 12:50 PM

Steve get rid of the scarab and the house....buy a house on the water and down size to a smaller go fast like a 26 American Offshore! She can hang at the house and you can raise cain with the 26.
Don

blown formula 06-06-2002 01:03 PM

:cool: My wife is 53....we just sold our 75 mph 252SS Formula to get a Blown 312 Formula......for over 85mph.
She never complains about speed, just lucky I guess!!
Maybe you could move to a Formula 400SS with Prochargers & 502's and run 65-70 mph with a 12 foot beam!!. A pure class day cruiser there!! Formula 400SS !!:cool:

formula31 06-06-2002 01:34 PM

Welcome to my world. My 33 ft cruiser runs 60, more I hope, Ill find out tomorow, makes lots of noise and the women love the room inside, especially the standup head and shower. I liked my formula311 better in the rough stuff, but this will do me better since I spend most of the summer on the boat. There are ways to compromise.

CigDaze 06-06-2002 01:38 PM

Damn!

I thought you meant OVER 50 WOMEN...Not women over 50:(

:D

dyno 06-06-2002 02:05 PM

Originally posted by formula31
Welcome to my world. My 33 ft cruiser runs 60, more I hope, Ill find out tomorow, makes lots of noise and the women love the room inside, especially the standup head and shower. I liked my formula311 better in the rough stuff, but this will do me better since I spend most of the summer on the boat. There are ways to compromise.
WoW!!what kind of cruiser runs 60?

formula31 06-06-2002 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back in 88, Jim Wynn was building hulls for Cruisers Inc and when Merc came out with the 454 Bravo package, he stuck a pair of them the 28 FT Cruiser Rogue they were making then, removed the radar arch, short windshield, short rail, beefed it up a little and the things run strong. I think they only made a dozen or so. I found one last year and love it. Did one engine this winter and did the hull to deck joint among lots of other stuff. Thru hulls, Gils, all the goodys. Called a Cruisers Rogue 2800.

Jayl13 06-06-2002 02:43 PM

Sonic is your answer
mean machines with more amenities than your freakin house
stand up showers, heads, 6'2" headroom
Engine compartment with just about any motors you can pony up for, AC/Heat/ Shore power, Fridge, microwave, Plasma TV's, Optional towel dryers (called an arch)
and starting at 35 feet on up, really nice headroom and amenities start becoming good deals

Sonics pricing definately screams affordable compared to alot of their direct compeition (non custom built boats)

Hull design's tried and proven

Take a look at one and im sure she will like it and you get your speed and she is happy with amenities and they are doing WONDERS with the airbrushing
go to their site and check it all out
Jason

burtandnancy 06-06-2002 04:56 PM

My over 50 wife

We had a mid 30 foot, semi/performance sportboat that cruised at about 60, but the twins burned 2 gallons AV gas/min and she hated paying for the gas over a three day week-end. So I bought her a mid 30 foot sportcruiser and we still burn 2 gallons per minute, but only go half as fast. She likes that. So to get even with her, I make her stay overnite so we burn half as much. But she cooks and loves to wash the boat, so its working out...