Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Over 50 women (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25084-over-50-women.html)

Tinkerer 05-23-2002 11:42 PM

Over 50 women

My wife said it's time to grow up and buy a cruiser. Said that we are too old to be riding around in a go fast boat. I told her that you are only as old as you feel. I feel my age and love the speed and the sound of HOT engines. She likes the sound of the engines but not the speed. Wants a comfortable boat that you can stand up and walk around in. ( including the bathroom) Chime in and tell me how many of you are women over 49 years old.

HELP PLEASE

traviss 05-24-2002 12:21 AM

What did you say older women... yeah send them my way.. I love them older ladies !!!!! They can teach me a few tricks!! :D :D

Red Stripe 05-24-2002 12:27 AM

Originally posted by traviss
What did you say older women... yeah send them my way.. I love them older ladies !!!!! They can teach me a few tricks!! :D :D
LMAO Travis!!:D :D

Cutwater 05-25-2002 05:51 AM

My wife is 47, her best friend is 51. The three of go as fast as we can every time we go out. We all have a great time.

Dave M 05-25-2002 08:11 AM

Hey Tinkerboater,

Don't feel bad, my wife is only 36 and she is singing the same tune. If it was up to her we would have a cruiser. She usually stays home 50% of the time. It works for me, today is family boating day and tomorrow is guys day.

Dave M.

mcollinstn 05-25-2002 08:51 AM

I have both.

Wife (significantly younger than 49) only "tolerates" the speedboat, and even then on rare occasions. She would live on the cruiser for a solid month without griping, but the speedboat is not her thing. Cabin in speedboat is comfortable enough, but she gets motion sick in the cabin (no visual reference of horizon).

The kids are up for the speedboat most of the time. Never have any trouble getting guy friends to go with me in the speedboat.

I did have (still do, actually, in storage) a 17' outboard runabout with a hotted up Merc that was good for mid 90's (ran over 100 with a 32 Chopper, but was pure "edge of death" with that setup) and had a difficult time finding ANYBODY who wanted to ride in it with me.

Good luck with the wife. Make dang sure she doesn't get a chance to hang out on somebody's cruiser or you're in for a real problem.

skatermike24 05-25-2002 08:59 AM

Its time to find a girlfriend, thats what I would do!:D

MitchStellin 05-25-2002 10:18 AM

You know, if it is not a bigger boat, a newer truck, or a bigger house they are not happy so just tell her to make the payments and she can have whatever she wants. That will quiet them.:D

Tinkerer 05-25-2002 10:36 AM

Thats a good idea -I will have to try that. My next post will be from the dog house.

J-BOAT 05-25-2002 01:33 PM

Gotta be one or two CARY'S left around they look comfy and have alittle speed too.