Notices

Trailer roller dents

Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Trailer roller dents

Getting ready to redo the bottom my boat and now that it's on blocks I can see dents left in the bottom by the old trailer set up (the trailer has been changed since). The boat has been on the new trailer set up that supports the transom instead of a foot in for a couple months now but the dents are still there. Would you fill them with glass and such to smooth them back out or just let it go?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F, you could do a search on blueprinting or hook bottom. I looked it up for my own knowledge recently. General consensus was the need to repair depended on the degree of the hook, boat's attitude on plane, some hulls purposely had the hook, some people removed the hook and gained nothing, others gained 2-3 mph, more stability less porpoising. If it is minor, probably leave it alone.