If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    It's Not About Being Noticed, It's About Being Remembered
    Pasadena, MD

Trailer roller dents

Getting ready to redo the bottom my boat and now that it's on blocks I can see dents left in the bottom by the old trailer set up (the trailer has been changed since). The boat has been on the new trailer set up that supports the transom instead of a foot in for a couple months now but the dents are still there. Would you fill them with glass and such to smooth them back out or just let it go?

My Boats:
    1997 fountain fever 32
    Jackson, Mississippi
    F, you could do a search on blueprinting or hook bottom. I looked it up for my own knowledge recently. General consensus was the need to repair depended on the degree of the hook, boat's attitude on plane, some hulls purposely had the hook, some people removed the hook and gained nothing, others gained 2-3 mph, more stability less porpoising. If it is minor, probably leave it alone.