Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT Interesting reading regarding Terrorism ,, 9 / 11,, and the Democrats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25098-ot-interesting-reading-regarding-terrorism-9-11-democrats.html)

Chris288 05-28-2002 04:03 PM

OH BROTHER !!!

were in trouble now...

supercrash 05-28-2002 04:09 PM

Kamma...If we are facing the text of Revelations at this point in history...then things should get interesting very quickly...as far as I am concerned the most dangerous and most powerfull leaders today are Ayatollah Ali Khamenei (Iran) , Kim Jong-II (North Korea) and George Bush (USA)...none of these guys fits the bill...if ya know what I mean...I just don't see a antichrist figure raising to such power in the closely watched world that we live in today...The bible does contain many errors and I don't think that it can tell us anything about the future........Amen...;)

CigDaze 05-28-2002 04:25 PM

I thought this thread had everything...I was wrong, now we are complete! ;) :)

supercrash 05-28-2002 04:30 PM

B.D. ..I agree....Chris232...you can kill this thread anytime you want...I'm suprised it hung on this far...and Chris , no hard feelings uh...?...:)

NW_Jim 05-28-2002 04:43 PM

SC, Thank you for the polite disagreement on Revelations. That's the way it should be done.:)

Everyone has the right to agree or disagree, it should just be done politely.

;)

Rico's Revenge 05-28-2002 05:05 PM

I've decided I've had enough of left and right wings, I just want Hooter's wings...

I'm going to sell my boat and buy a small island nation in the Carribean. Then I'm going to eat Popcorn and hang my new nations flag on the BAT while I look through my telescope at the people in Japan to see if they can see anything on the moon. Oh yeah, I'm also going to stay logged on to OSO so SC can tell me what is going on in the world.:cool:

I also had to edit my post because i misspelled something and I didn't want CatMan to get upset.:p

Rico's Revenge 05-28-2002 07:57 PM

Originally posted by catmando
KAAMA,

I hate to burst your bubble, but most Bible scholars have long since dismissed it as infallible. There are too many religious books with too much disparity between them for ANY of them to be true. They are, basically, compilations of cultural myths and traditions, written by their priests and "holy men".

Really??? I guess the Bible Scholars I know are different than the ones you know. C'mon Catman...PLEEZ don't start this again! I'm tired of having your non-religion shoved down my throat.

KAAMA 05-29-2002 12:02 AM

Catmando, there IS a TRUTH....whether we like it or not.....and whether we believe it or not----it's just TRUE! Why don't we just all act like animals and kill one another and cheat ,rob and destroy one another??? If there really isn't a "truth" then why try and act civilized? I mean if there is no such thing as a "right" or a "wrong" ---- a "good" or a "bad"---- "rudeness" or "kindness" ---"love" or "hate" then we can basically do as we please and not have to feel bad or condemned about it because after all there isn't a truth-----right?....or no I can't be "right" because there is no such thing as right or wrong-----it's all just relative and we should all just float around and go with the FUZZIES. I have heard it said;
"What may be good for you is good for you...and what may be good for me is good for me and what is right for me may not be right for you and what is right for you may not be what is right for me"
There is no right or wrong i.e no such thing as SIN----and that seems to be the general conclusion these days. Well, there IS a TRUTH...we just don't want to own up to it and be accountable to anyone....especially God! When actually God loves us and has a better plan for each of our lives. And though He wants us to turn towards Him, we don't have to accept His way...but He's the One Who gave us that freedom to choose. Why is it that God seems to always get the bad rap? Hollywood always portray Christians as being insane axe weilding crazies in their movies---why? Why is it that the Jews are always persecuted and hated by others around the world? One of the reasons why I think one of the top reasons America is being attacked is because of our success and stand for Israel and that is why I believe that America has been so prosperous as a nation. The Bible says that the devil is the "god of this world's system" and the worldly view of God wants to portray and discredit God as a BAD God so that we doubt His Word and not believe. Things such as: "the Bible is a lie" , "the virgin birth is a fable" , "Jesus was only a man" , "the cross is a myth" , "Christ is dead" are all works of the devil and he will try and decieve us just enough not to believe in Jesus Christ by giving Him a bad rap when acutually, God is a GOOD God and the devil is a BAD devil.
One more thing, I may not know everything about the Bible but I do know the DOCTRINAL TRUTHS about the Bible----that God is Holy, Righteous in judgement, Merciful, is longsuffering and is NOT willing that anyone should perish but that ALL would come to repentence, He wants THE best for us NOT the worst and He LOVES us so much that He sent His Son Jesus that we might have eternal life with Him. In the book of Romans (in the Bible) it says that: "It's the LOVE (or "GOODNESS") of God that brings man to repentence.
Sorry for being so long winded---I can't help myself sometimes. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm standing by for rebuttal :p

NW_Jim 05-29-2002 12:58 AM

WOW :eek: :rolleyes:

KAAMA 05-29-2002 10:13 AM

Anton Lavey was a satanist who wrote the book "The Satanic Bible" (1969). In this book he wrote the TEN COMMANDMENTS of a satanist. The first commandment was something like: "DO THY OWN WILL" which relates with your statement from your latest post----"DO WHAT YOU WILL......" . I am NOT saying or trying to imply that you or anyone else is a satanist who practices the "do your own will" doctrine. Many follow that doctrine by the way that they live WITHOUT being a satanist and it's easy to take on that attitude---me included! But what I am trying to say is that God has a WILL, a plan and a purpose for each one of us. You (Cat) have said that you're in or near your 40's (as I am) and I have learned that it's NOT a perfect world and life certainly isn't a bowl of cherries. Yes, I make plenty of mistakes...I certainly haven't arrived yet, but I press on towards the will, the plan and the purpose that God has for me. Basically there are two camps; a literal heaven and a literal hell. Heaven vs. hell, righteousness vs. evil, lightness vs. darkness, love vs hate. We can choose our OWN way, the devil's way or God's way, but ultimately our own way will be the way of destruction. We are destined to eternal doom, but it doesn't have to be that way because God loves us so much that He has made a WAY out for us, BUT we must choose FOR Him and admit that we are sinners and cannot save ourselves. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:9
Cat, of course you or anyone else can choose NOT to believe, but my hope is that you would turn from your own ways and accept God's love gift, His way while you're still alive---it's NEVER too late until you die because that is when your soul/spirit is instantly sealed for eternity. When we die we will either have died in our sins and without Christ or we will die with Christ. Our own decision will determine our own destiny. It is God that gives us the freedom to choose.