Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Eliminator Eyes Center-Console Market (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/251276-eliminator-eyes-center-console-market.html)

Matt Trulio 04-12-2011 03:30 PM

Eliminator Eyes Center-Console Market

An intriguing move, http://speedonthewater.com/component...console-market.

marylandmark 04-12-2011 04:08 PM

The future of go fast boats is here! :drink:

Dean Ferry 04-12-2011 04:38 PM

Matt,
Informative article, Bob will adapt and survive.
Thanks,
Dean

thisistank 04-12-2011 04:59 PM

That's smart for eliminator to jump on board the CC rage, be able to use their Vee molds and think about diesel vs gas (though diesel is more than supreme here!)

Nice to see bob and eliminator moving forward!

Matt Trulio 04-12-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 3375076)
The future of go fast boats is here! :drink:

Your humor is not lost on me, my friend.

However, there is no denying not just the recent push toward performance-oriented, custom and semi-custom center console among former custom go-fast boat owners as well as the push by a number of manufacturers (Cigarette, Nor-Tech, Statement, Deep Impact, and others) to meet the demand.

So either there is a rise in demand or a whole bunch of fairly smart people in the performance-boat world are wasting a whole bunch of money on tooling.

Maybe a better question is: Why? Why do people abandon their go-fast boats for center consoles?

O_SEA_D 04-12-2011 05:14 PM

I guess I'm going against the current trend because I currently own a CC and am looking to get into a performance boat.:coolcowboy:

elvisali 04-12-2011 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 3375118)
Y
Maybe a better question is: Why? Why do people abandon their go-fast boats for center consoles?

I think you have several reasons...ok....I had several reasons :):

#1- Functionality- if you have a family, etc, the more open lay out may be more family friendly...depending on how you use your boat. I can pull right up to the beach, everyone jumps off the bow and I back out. Docking- no more watching the wife hang onto the railing on the deck while I pull in. Kids can run around in the open lay out, etc
#2- Easier maintenance- less vinyl to keep clean, less waxing to be done, more of a 'wash it down and store it' mentallity
#3- More'convertible' type approach to boating- you can go fast (relativly speaking), but also be able to fish, etc. You can zip around by yourself, or get 9 people on it for a simple cruise
#4- Outboard power- I love the sound of a big I/O roaring by, but many dont, and many families dont want their two year old wearing ear muffs on the family vessel, the OB power tends to be quieter and easier to maintain, again, relativly speaking

Good luck to eliminator on the new projects!

VtSteve 04-12-2011 08:36 PM

Many have simply learned that they don't want the Look At Me bling, the noisy exhaust, the extremely expensive upgrades and maintenance. Depends on where you boat and what you do. The GFBL market is not a huge one, never was, and it's smaller now.

PokerRun388 04-12-2011 08:55 PM

I wish them well Matt... Ive always been a huge supporter of the product.......!!!!

Jassman 04-13-2011 06:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 3375118)
Your humor is not lost on me, my friend.

However, there is no denying not just the recent push toward performance-oriented, custom and semi-custom center console among former custom go-fast boat owners as well as the push by a number of manufacturers (Cigarette, Nor-Tech, Statement, Deep Impact, and others) to meet the demand.

So either there is a rise in demand or a whole bunch of fairly smart people in the performance-boat world are wasting a whole bunch of money on tooling.

Its all about the motors..less maintenance..close speeds, less costs in the long run.. We can carry more of our friends on the boat..not as fast but as people change, so does the boating and lifestyle. I love the big cc's..with quad 350's..:lolhit: