Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marylandmark
My last runs was:

114 miles
61.9 gallons of fuel used
3.1 gallons of oil used

So I come up with 0.05008077544426494345718901453958 to 1 so you were close...
That's a gas to oil ratio of about 20:1, something is wrong
Old 04-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jayboat
Sounds like some sort of record!

Congrats, Frank. I have enjoyed being around you and your boat-
hard to believe FOUR YEARS.

Jay,

Time flys!

That pic is from when we met, FMO 2007 Turkey run. Alot of good friends, alot of good memories. Alot more memories to be made!

All the drive failures were in a period of about 15 months. That was a nightmare!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jay,

Back then I was shooting with my Nikon 8mb, and I think you were shooting with a Nikon D70?

Times have changed!

Been a great ride....and more to come!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats so awesome man! Im hooked on outboards now!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm scared to death of the new optis with all the electronics and pumps. I tried to build 2 basic 2.5 s3000 "Lake Motors" and not turn them hard for longevity. So much for that. Upper crank bearing failure.My Talon will should run right at 100 with the promaxes and hopefully give me the dependability and fuel economy I'm looking for.
Someone mentioned lower units. I've lead a sheltered life, 4 yrs, until last season. Wyped out a gearset and went thru both sportmasters to the tune of $2700.00 to start out the season. I haven't been impressed with the 3.0 liter sportys from the factory. With the after market seal upgrades I think the problems have been solved. Keep the pics coming guys!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hay frank you have not lived till you see how far the fuel gauges can go down lol
Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
That's a gas to oil ratio of about 20:1, something is wrong
I just went over my numbers and remembered one of my in tank oil level sensors is giving a bad reading. I forgot all about it, Winter in Maryland so been 6 months since I've been on my boat...

I take pictures of all my Smartcraft readings before, some times during and then after all my runs. I topped off my tanks but was only reading 5.3 gallons, then 20 miles later was reading 5.5 gallons and at the end of the day was reading 2 gallons. I didn't refill my tanks since it was the end of the season and I had a gauge issues to see how much I really burnt.

Sorry to hijack but thanks for reminding me to get that checked out before Spring gets here.

I thought my math was right when I saw the .05 thinking 50:1, too many hours at the office and not enough on the water.

Anyway, congrats on your 4 years!!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by waterboy222
Thats so awesome man! Im hooked on outboards now!
That 24 Skater in your avatar has O/B, right?

Originally Posted by bulletbob
I'm scared to death of the new optis with all the electronics and pumps. I tried to build 2 basic 2.5 s3000 "Lake Motors" and not turn them hard for longevity. So much for that. Upper crank bearing failure.My Talon will should run right at 100 with the promaxes and hopefully give me the dependability and fuel economy I'm looking for.
Someone mentioned lower units. I've lead a sheltered life, 4 yrs, until last season. Wyped out a gearset and went thru both sportmasters to the tune of $2700.00 to start out the season. I haven't been impressed with the 3.0 liter sportys from the factory. With the after market seal upgrades I think the problems have been solved. Keep the pics coming guys!
The Opti's are full of electronics, but like any other new tech, you learn as you go, and they do seem to work well.

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
hay frank you have not lived till you see how far the fuel gauges can go down lol
I have no recollection of those events!
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I just went over my numbers and remembered one of my in tank oil level sensors is giving a bad reading. I forgot all about it, Winter in Maryland so been 6 months since I've been on my boat...

I take pictures of all my Smartcraft readings before, some times during and then after all my runs. I topped off my tanks but was only reading 5.3 gallons, then 20 miles later was reading 5.5 gallons and at the end of the day was reading 2 gallons. I didn't refill my tanks since it was the end of the season and I had a gauge issues to see how much I really burnt.

Sorry to hijack but thanks for reminding me to get that checked out before Spring gets here.

I thought my math was right when I saw the .05 thinking 50:1, too many hours at the office and not enough on the water.

Anyway, congrats on your 4 years!!
Glad to help out an Optimax 300Xs brother!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on 4 Years:

Time flys it seems as though it were yesterday when I was just reading about your new boat.

Your experience and empirical data have been very helpful.

Guess the four year platinum warranty is worth the money.

KAP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.