Old 04-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was on the news yesterday...

http://www.cthydro.com/hhogenerators.php

I looked into last night...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ballc...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poHUvQ3E3bs&NR=1

Last edited by Back4More; 04-16-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

About 2003 I installed a Stereo in a proto type “fuel cell” Jeep that Chrysler was working on, they used it at the CES show that year and many more.
It was not like those, these create electric from a chemical reaction to run the electric motors.

We heard a lot about the fuel cells then but I haven’t in years.

As for Hydrogen power vehicles a lot of companies have been working on them, also did a system for a Ford show vehicle that was going to be a normal motor, powered by Hydrogen, it was called the Model "U". The engineering feat is in getting hydrogen and a safe storage means.
Haven't heard much about them in years.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered

why is diesel more money than regular unleaded?
Old 04-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
The engineering feat is in getting hydrogen and a safe storage means.
Correct. The dominate method is steam reforming of natural gas (CH4). So, you add a bunch of time and energy to process from CH4 to H2 and create a bunch of CO2 along the way. There are no good natural sources of H2 - you have to do quite a bit of work to get it.

Storage is also very difficult. It has wide combustion limits and is such a small molecule it want to leak out of almost anything.

I think the hands down best alternative to gas or diesel is to use natural gas. The storage and transportation technology is already there. CH4 is a nice compromise in emissions between gas/diesel and the cleaner burning H2. Also, the US has a bunch of it, so we wouldn't have to buy it from nations that hate us.

It is certainly possible to make duel fuel (gas and/or CH4) engines, but one optimized (CR, timing, etc.) with CH4 would be the hot ticket. All we would need is more CNG filling stations. I think Utah already has a bunch and Oklahoma has a few.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spyderconv1999
why is diesel more money than regular unleaded?
I really don't know for sure (I'm a mechanical, not chemical engineer) but my guess is inelastic demand and low sulfur requirements.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JP-8
Agreed, however it goes to show that we all could be enjoying, at the very least, cheap gasoline presently. Cherry developed a method of making high quality gas from waste materials. While it pales in comparison to water, it is still a novel and interesting concept.
You do realize they do this in every modern refinery in the world? They can take the fuel oil cuts (kero, heating oils) and crack it to gasoline? So, the man demonstrated what is already known YAWN.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by apollard
You do realize they do this in every modern refinery in the world?
I do indeed, and find your assumption of the contrary to be a tad insulting, but I do understand the bent of your argument. See below.

Originally Posted by apollard
They can take the fuel oil cuts (kero, heating oils) and crack it to gasoline? So, the man demonstrated what is already known YAWN.
Cherry's method remains distinctly different (and superior) from those methods currently adhered to by the world's refineries which are: Fluid catalytic cracking, Hydrocracking, and Steam cracking.

None of those methods use the high-tension, high frequency, electrical current method that Cherry devised.

The article was merely intended to point out that the refining process could be streamlined, thus reducing the cost of operation.

Its inclusion was meant to be purely anecdotal, and not the main focus.

I've no aversion to a bit of healthy nitpicking, but seriously, folks.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Of all the hydrogen booster kits available, this one is probably the most well thought out. The inventor, Bob Boyce, experimented with running his drag boat on tanked hydrogen.

Here is his commercial offering:

http://stores.homestead.com/hydrogen...Categories.bok

And an interview with Bob:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1779100537035350538#
Old 04-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks for sharing the great info!

I wish ALL PEOPLE would open up their minds to something other then the news channel. A Conspiracy could easily be just as true as whats reported in the news. If you did not touch or see it with your own eyes why do you automatically believe the "news" is true but a conspiracy is not?

Think about this: ask yourself what is most important to you? MONEY everything revolves around money. You want to say Family but it takes MONEY to take care of your Family.

If you honestly belive that there are not people (like oil companies and government) that do not chose right or wrong over money then your eyes are closed and your living in a dream. EVERYONE has chosen money over something else.

Please try to just open your mind to all ideas, and sit back and think. If everyone would do this then this world would be a better place. But instead while they are supposed to be thinking they get a text thats more important!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JP-8
Of all the hydrogen booster kits available, this one is probably the most well thought out. The inventor, Bob Boyce, experimented with running his drag boat on tanked hydrogen.

Here is his commercial offering:

http://stores.homestead.com/hydrogen...Categories.bok
[/URL]
I spent a full year in grad school trying to make such technology work. We even ran experiments where we supplied the H2 from a tank at a rate that assume the conversion efficiency match that of a large industrial sized electrolysis plant. Even at that rate, it was still a net loss to the engine.

I'm 100% for doing more work with less fuel. In fact, it's what I've made my career out of doing. But, it's annoying how any idiot with a website and a youtube video can proclaim they've defied the laws of physics and so many people believe them!

I, for one, don't believe the news. I also don't believe claims that cannot be supported by theory and cannot be replicated by a 3rd party. These one-off claims are not science and are not real!

If this guy really believes his device works, he should do like my sponsor did and go have it verified by an independent laboratory. If the the claims hold up, then he has something. All he has right now is a way to steal money from people by lying to them.

PS - if anyone here has access to those "mystery patents" that will allow an engine to be 60% efficient, please email them to me and I'll see to it they are in production for all of us to use. Within the last month I have visted both Cummins and Weichai headquarters working on "what can we do to be more efficient" projects. I'd love to bring this magic technology to the table....if it exists.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.