Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
i need old gas pumped out......... >

i need old gas pumped out.........

Notices

i need old gas pumped out.........

Old 04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...less mess without the spark/arc dangers...
Old 04-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my old 4runner burns most old fuel without any problems just add a little 93 and some seafoam and filter it through with some paint strainers.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CanDo
Burning raw gas with an open flame into the atmosphere defineately is not EPA approved(since you brought them up). Can you order a cadillac converter on any GM car or truck, or just Cadillac's? Who said anything about pouring gas into the ground? This reminds me of a bit of advice a fellow board member here, freely advertises..."Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level & beat you with experience."

Catalytic converter, does that help your infantile mind phuck-tard? Burning gas into the air is a helluva lot better than pouring it onto the ground jackass. You're allegedly a boater, where does ground water end up? Yup, that's right... THE LAKE/OCEAN, where WE boat!

Complain about semantics and be persnickety prick. The bottom line is you were wrong, you're embarrassed, and you're picking on anything you can get your hands on to save face. At the end of the day you're just making yourself look more dumb.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Only on OSO that a simple question about pumping out old gas can turn into a sword fight. Put'em away and zip your flies back up boys.

Last edited by f_inscreenname; 04-16-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CanDo
I know someone that was in the bulk gas handling business for most of his career. They always had vast expanses of concrete around them where they worked. He told me once that when he had a small amount of gas he needed to get rid of, such as a 55 gallon drum, he would just tip the drum over on its side, let all the gas run out on the concrete, and it would evaporate & be gone in 10-20 minutes, depending on the temperature, wind, etc.
nice guy and next to the Pre school too right ?

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 04-16-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: cleaned up for Speedy
Old 04-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by velocitoy
...get an outboard fuel line with a bulb (no fittings on ends..)...disconnect the fuel line(s) at the tank(s)...feed the hose out the drain plug hole...install fuel line to gas tank fitting...squeeze bulb...watch it syphon...fill gas cans & distribute to friends...
Had an old primer bulb, so tried that this year.

%$%##% anti-siphon valve cut that plan short.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
I'm sure the EPA would frown on that. He's lucky he never got fined. Not everything in gas evaporates. I'm sure he's contaminated a good deal of material.
The "epa" has destroyed boating given us spotted owls, manitee zones, no wake areas and all the other junk, if they want us driving cars that get 30+ mpg what do you think there feeling of a offshore boats is that gets 1 mpg
Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tinman565
I use an extra holley electric fuel pump we had laying around. You can buy cheap ones from summit racing. They are worth it to have around. Hook up two long hoses to it...and some long wires with big alligator clips on the ends. Put the one end of the hose deep in the fuel tank...hook up the wires to the battery....and get some cans ready...lol.

If you really feel creative...you can hook up a nice switch in the positive wire.

or the shop Vac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.