Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
i need old gas pumped out......... >

i need old gas pumped out.........

Notices

i need old gas pumped out.........

Old 04-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation i need old gas pumped out.........

can anyone tell me of a mobile type service on long island ,ny. that will come to my house and pump out old gas[ app. 25 gal.] from my 25 ft. formula........
Old 04-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sassea13
can anyone tell me of a mobile type service on long island ,ny. that will come to my house and pump out old gas[ app. 25 gal.] from my 25 ft. formula........
tell your neighbors they'll be pumping that ch!t in there lawnmowers & pick ups faster then a stripper loses her top
Old 04-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup like Running Hot said. I got a small electric pump, hooked it up to my fuel tank and filled up a 5 gallon jug. Filed up my car, then my wifes car then stated to fill up cars in the parking lot. Good day for a lot of folks!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If it is bad gas you can have some fun with a BOMB fire.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Registered

Even old gas will work in most lawnmowers, etc. Unless there is water or excessive gunk in it you can probably use it for something (or worst comes to worst, burn it like Audio said). You really don't want a service to come take it out. It is WAY too expensive. They wanted $80 bucks to show up, and $7.XX per gallon to take it out. My friend called them because he was worried about his old gas gunking up his carb, but the final price of taking out all of the old gas would have cost more than replacing the carb with a newly rebuilt carb.

FWIW, we ended up cutting his fuel line and temporarily installing an electric fuel pump that I had laying around. After we were done we put a fuel filter in to splice it back together.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CanDo
I know someone that was in the bulk gas handling business for most of his career. They always had vast expanses of concrete around them where they worked. He told me once that when he had a small amount of gas he needed to get rid of, such as a 55 gallon drum, he would just tip the drum over on its side, let all the gas run out on the concrete, and it would evaporate & be gone in 10-20 minutes, depending on the temperature, wind, etc.
I'm sure the EPA would frown on that. He's lucky he never got fined. Not everything in gas evaporates. I'm sure he's contaminated a good deal of material.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I had 40 gallons of turpentine in the Monza when I first got it. Scored a 45 gallon drum. Picked up one those super cheap pumps that run off your drill at H/D. Then called the local dump and asked about their hazardous waste days. Pumped it out and ten dropped it off. Pretty painless.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CanDo
Yet, you condone burning it off, as you stated above. Go figure. Lets face it, its getting more and more difficult to process stale fuel properly, no matter where you are.

Burning it is no different than running it through your car (sans the cadillac converter). Pouring it into the ground is a huge mess that requires extensive and costly excavation to get rid of it.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

...get an outboard fuel line with a bulb (no fittings on ends..)...disconnect the fuel line(s) at the tank(s)...feed the hose out the drain plug hole...install fuel line to gas tank fitting...squeeze bulb...watch it syphon...fill gas cans & distribute to friends...
Old 04-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

I use an extra holley electric fuel pump we had laying around. You can buy cheap ones from summit racing. They are worth it to have around. Hook up two long hoses to it...and some long wires with big alligator clips on the ends. Put the one end of the hose deep in the fuel tank...hook up the wires to the battery....and get some cans ready...lol.

If you really feel creative...you can hook up a nice switch in the positive wire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.