Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any Lake MI boaters going out this weekend? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25156-any-lake-mi-boaters-going-out-weekend.html)

eliminator219 05-27-2002 09:39 AM

Lake Michigan Boaters

Payton,
Thanks for showing us photos of your ride, Great looking Ride Bet your wife really doesn't need much coaxing to get her to go for a ride, Really Payton, You should be very proud!!What do you have for power and drives?
I think that there is a guy that lives close to you that has a Cat, Lavey I think, Yellow and purple with a tamdem trailer,Know him? Cant think of his name but he told me he has a plumbing company in Hammond, Havent seen him for a while.. But its been a long winter!!:rolleyes:

eliminator219

If I was ever to learn how to run this scanner, I would show my ride... someday soon!!

Payton 05-28-2002 12:29 AM

Eliminator, I don't know him. I live in DeMotte.
I've got twin stagered 454 mags.
I met one of the guys with the campion on Sunday, Carl. He brought me over to Doyne's I left them a message today. Should be able to find out something tomorrow.

May be we can get together next weekend.

KAAMA 05-28-2002 08:36 AM

Payton, twins are a whole new world isn't it?

I saw a 42' Tiger on the river in St.Joe (Monday)and heading out towards the Lake. It was all white with the American flag painted all over it---not sure where he was from but he headed north towards South Haven.

eliminator219 05-28-2002 10:02 AM

St Joe River

Kaama,
Do you do much boating on the St Joe river? I have never been on it just over it on I94. Seen some post about Clemintines or somethig like that. Is it a good place to boat and are there more oso around? Looking for places to go on week-ends plus meet new people. Appreciate any help you care to give, Will be at thepoker run this coming month, Should find out about a lot of new places there!! Hope to hook up with you in the future...
Regards, eliminator219:D :D :D

KAAMA 05-28-2002 10:59 AM

Eliminator219,
Yes "Clementine's" is right on the St.Joseph River (Morrison Channel) and is a good place to eat, however it's not an easy place to find a spot to dock. About 100 yards up river from Clementine's is another little place called "Barney's Boathouse" where there are some open slips. They have food and drink and a place to sit right there on the boardwalk docks outside. Both places are just across the river from Pier 33 Marina. Unless you're familiar with the river I would NOT venture up any further. Also, the is a DNR launch over on the city of Benton Harbor side of the river on Riverview Drive. Use the launch that's NEAREST to the river/along the seawall. St.Joe has a real nice Venetian Festival on about the 3rd weekend in July which is a real fun time.

32fever 05-28-2002 11:55 AM

Originally posted by ROCKETMAN
St. Joe Mi. was busy and the lake beautiful 1-2 footers calmer later.
2 ACTIVE THUNDERS
2 POWERQUESTS
2 FORMULAS
2 FOUNTAINS
3 CHECKMATES
1 PROFILE
1 NORDIC
1 BAJA
TON OF CRUISERS AND SAILBOATS ALSO.
hopefully Monday taking a trip to South Haven or New Buffalo
have to remember the sun screen though.:eek:

Rocketman as your log-in, eh? Why not "Maxi-Active"? :D:D:D:D:D

sgrady 05-28-2002 01:43 PM

Payton,

Doynes is a nice place I used to put in the Scarab there years ago. Mike was always willing to help.

Did anyone go near Downtown, I was wondering what it is like with the "New Rules " ?:rolleyes:

Tourist,

I have seen Lake Dale, That Sonic should empty it out with one pass !!!
:D

GameOver 05-29-2002 01:13 AM

Wish I had been out to meet some of you this weekend, listed all my fav places!

eliminator219 05-29-2002 08:42 AM

Lake Michigan

Gameover,
Since it looks like summer has finally arrived, sure that we will have the pleasure of hooking up with you some where in the South End of the Lake,If you see a noisy Cat with a lightning stripe give a wave and we can exchange stories over a cool one.Have a great and safe summer!! :D :D :D
That also goes for the rest of you OFOs...
eliminator219 ;) ;)