Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WE ARE BACK! MIAMI TO BIMINI with OPA (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/251568-we-back-miami-bimini-opa.html)

FREEDOM US1 05-17-2011 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by JasonSmith (Post 3405509)
Running the 28 would be pretty cool Jim. Running them both would be even cooler!

The cigs at TNT already as well. If there were just three of me I could have a heck of a race!!:drink: One of us would be a winner for sure!!

PokerRun388 05-17-2011 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 3406059)
The cigs at TNT already as well. If there were just three of me I could have a heck of a race!!:drink: One of us would be a winner for sure!!

Is 388 Pure Platinum doing this race Jim ?...........

JasonSmith 05-17-2011 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 3406059)

Get the Carver and the Cobalt down and you could have a family ordeal. Throw some planes up and have a party. Sorenson could bring the Stearman....

Keytime 05-18-2011 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by JasonSmith (Post 3406071)
Get the Carver and the Cobalt down and you could have a family ordeal. Throw some planes up and have a party. Sorenson could bring the Stearman....

Jason, why not enter Bad Idea?? :drink:

JasonSmith 05-18-2011 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Keytime (Post 3406086)
Jason, why not enter Bad Idea?? :drink:

It would be fun, but not in the cards this year. I may fire up a Bonanza and go watch.

bcschoe 05-18-2011 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3405441)
Brad, you're doing a great job brother. A lot of work for what - I'm sure must seem like at times - is a thankless job. Wish Kelly and I could be there...good luck with this great event that just seems to build momentum every year. It's truly refreshing to see actual "offshore racing" still happening since races like these are few and far between.

By the way, the shirts look great...where can I get one?

Thank You Sir! Great to see you and Kelly at Havasu.

Thanks for all the support. This is not an easy thing to pull off and I am told some of the bigger cats are not coming for the Bimini Race or the Poker Run. We will see what happens.

You are correct . At the end of the day its is the only real offshore race/event around in the US. (Bimini Race, Poker Run, and OPA offshroe race all in one). Except for maybe the Catalina Ski Race, different deal but way cool. I would like to do a one way race down here. Race one way to bimini on a ski at 100 mph!

Keytime 05-18-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by JasonSmith (Post 3406253)
It would be fun, but not in the cards this year. I may fire up a Bonanza and go watch.

I'd love to run this as well (given acceptable conditions for my boat), but not in the cards for me, either. Get out there and spectate for those of us who can't make it.

FREEDOM US1 05-18-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3406063)
Is 388 Pure Platinum doing this race Jim ?...........

Not sure. Hope so!

thisistank 05-18-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by bcschoe (Post 3406259)
Thank You Sir! Great to see you and Kelly at Havasu.

Thanks for all the support. This is not an easy thing to pull off and I am told some of the bigger cats are not coming for the Bimini Race or the Poker Run. We will see what happens.

You are correct . At the end of the day its is the only real offshore race/event around in the US. (Bimini Race, Poker Run, and OPA offshroe race all in one). Except for maybe the Catalina Ski Race, different deal but way cool. I would like to do a one way race down here. Race one way to bimini on a ski at 100 mph!

It was great seeing and hanging with you too brother.

And yea, I was thinking of the Catalina/Rum Run weekend as the only other style race like this in the country. A ski race out, like you're talking about, would most likely draw some big participation like the Catalina race does. It's a great idea.

As you know, some numbers are low across the country for events but that also means people wait til the last minute to register...All those procrastinators will show and I'm sure you'll have another large event on your hands again (good and bad when trying to juggle it all:drink:).

Let me know when those shirts are up for sale online...Since we can't make it, we can at least help support it and buy a shirt!

PokerRun388 05-18-2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 3406641)
Not sure. Hope so!

Can't wait Jim,, gonna be fun too watch... I won't be there, so hopefully you guys will hook us with some youtube vids... LOL:drink: