Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Ouch!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Nice poster, you only have one raceboat on it though.......the Freedom US1 skater

AWESOME! Can we get that quote on the shirt? Should only help shirt sales!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice poster, you only have one raceboat on it though.......the Freedom US1 skater
Nice to year from you Buddy!!!

Remember the 2010 Shirt had two of the 2009 top winners

Aqua Mania and George Kovaks MTI wih JT onboard.

2011 has two of the 2010 top winners JBS and Jimmy Lee

So MAYBE, just MAYBE the 2012 Shirt will have the other 50 MYSTIC turbine boat on it.

We will know on Friday afternoon June 17th who will be on the 2012 T-Shirt. Will it be YOU??? Sure could be!!

MYSTIC may just dominate the top finishers for a long time.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 2,957 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
Miami Start to the Bimini turn buoy and back is 106 Statue miles or about 92.1112 Nautical miles.

The turn buoy is placed in line toward the Sopana a old concrete ship wreck . This is the ship that Aronow and others would use as a pick up race turn boat. Who has a faster boat? Race to the concrete ship and back, whoever is back first wins. Simple

Currently Aqua Mania holds the record of 43:43 for an average speed of 145 MPH from the 2009 race.

If you can drive a straight line in open ocean which most drivers cant without reference you have the ability to beat boats which may be faster.

There is no other event which provides a simple straight forward test of boat, driver skill, and ability to run a boat offshore in a controlled professional race enviroment without the all the added expense and race requirements.

www.OFFSHOREEVENTS.net
Brad, you're doing a great job brother. A lot of work for what - I'm sure must seem like at times - is a thankless job. Wish Kelly and I could be there...good luck with this great event that just seems to build momentum every year. It's truly refreshing to see actual "offshore racing" still happening since races like these are few and far between.

By the way, the shirts look great...where can I get one?

Last edited by thisistank; 05-17-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Jimmy,
I might think about bringing my 28 depending on work schedule etc. What is the cost to enter? If it is really rough and the smaller boats cant run do they offer any kind of refund? I know last year it in close the water was great but heard some of you said it got a lot bigger in the gulf stream.
This time of year down here you never know. Could be a sheet of glass or a bowl of crap.
Have you run the 28 yet?

You should run the 28!!! You never no about the water until the day of the race. You know how that is. The whole weekend is a blast and it doesnt cost that much to enter. Probably no refunds. It takes a lot of work to organize this deal and these guys should keep every penny just to cover some of the cost. Its not like they go buy new houses or anything like that after the weekend event. I just hope Larry and Brad live through the weekend each year!!! I raced 28s back in 94 and think it would be a great accomplishment to get to Bimini and back in a smaller boat!! Last year would of been fine but a lot slower in a 28. Hope to see you there!!! Everybody else with a S class boat should show up!! We could have 10 or 15 boats the same size and have a blast!!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Thanks!! It was a blast last year!! Just rolled Freedom into TAOD for paint. I'm not giving up on it being there but between paint, putting a new interior back in, hauling it to Florida and starting it for the First time since Key West in November I'm making a back up plan to race my 28 Skater. Get your boat out and go kick everybody AZZ!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

Running the 28 would be pretty cool Jim. Running them both would be even cooler!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
Sneak Peek of this years shirt!
shirts look good..
Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage

AWESOME! Can we get that quote on the shirt? Should only help shirt sales!!!

Shirts are $20.00 and be available June 17th-19th at Racers Village Gulfstream Park!!

www.OFFSHOREEVENTS.net

Last edited by bcschoe; 05-17-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Running the 28 would be pretty cool Jim. Running them both would be even cooler!
The cigs at TNT already as well. If there were just three of me I could have a heck of a race!! One of us would be a winner for sure!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.