WE ARE BACK! MIAMI TO BIMINI with OPA

Notices

WE ARE BACK! MIAMI TO BIMINI with OPA

Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Gonna be fun to watch Jim.. Can't wait too see your 46 eat up the smaller boats in choppy seas... LOL.........
I'll be the one getting beat up on this year!! We really have been trying hard to get the 46 ready for the race but it just not possible to get it done. So the 28s going to be the adventure for me this year but its kind of cool at the same time. Freedom should be done hopefully for the Skaterfest!! Keep up the enthusiasm!! We need that around here ever once in a while!!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
I'll be the one getting beat up on this year!! We really have been trying hard to get the 46 ready for the race but it just not possible to get it done. So the 28s going to be the adventure for me this year but its kind of cool at the same time. Freedom should be done hopefully for the Skaterfest!! Keep up the enthusiasm!! We need that around here ever once in a while!!
Hey Jim, thanks... Some of the other member's told me that you would be taking out the 28 this year.... Well, actually they were quite rude about saying it, asking me if I can read etc etc... LOL.., But OMG Jim, I'm worried about you making the 106mi , open ocean race, in a 28?.. well, take a few aleve or advil after the race, so you won't be sooo sore !! hahaaha just kidding.... GOOD LUCK,, I can't wait for the results !!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

If I recall, Pepe did Miami to New York in a 24' Pantera ?

Jim's got an extra 4 feet, dual hulls and a lot less mileage.

He will be just fine !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-01-2011, 05:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Hey Jim, thanks... Some of the other member's told me that you would be taking out the 28 this year.... Well, actually they were quite rude about saying it, asking me if I can read etc etc... LOL.., But OMG Jim, I'm worried about you making the 106mi , open ocean race, in a 28?.. well, take a few aleve or advil after the race, so you won't be sooo sore !! hahaaha just kidding.... GOOD LUCK,, I can't wait for the results !!
I didn't ask you if you could read, I asked if you "did" read..huge difference.... I've defended your posts before and as Jim said I have no problem with your enthusiasm, however it seems you post just to be heard or part of a thread. the grief brought on you is strictly of your own actions, think and read before you post, is that too much to ask?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I didn't ask you if you could read, I asked if you "did" read..huge difference.... I've defended your posts before and as Jim said I have no problem with your enthusiasm, however it seems you post just to be heard or part of a thread. the grief brought on you is strictly of your own actions, think and read before you post, is that too much to ask?
Ya, you and Jim have always been nice too me.... I promise I'll read more carefully next time..!! Anyway, I'm excited about this race, I wish I was able to participate in something like this, looks like soo much fun!.. Good luck to yourself and all the racers!...
Old 06-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvdy5Gs3Mr4

Thanks for posting the video Tyson, I'll never forget the feeling I had at that point when we passed the last two race boats for the lead. (kinda suprising how fast we blew by in the vid!) And then the feeling I got realizing we still had 75 miles to go! Jim must have been thinking the same thing 'cause he really was taking it easy on Freedom after that. Sorry I won't be on the mighty 46 this year but we need to spread the love around and give somebody else a chance to win too. Just taking part in the Bimini Challange is a thrill and I am glad to see it done in a 28 this year to prove a point so even more boaters will join in next year.
Good and safe luck to all and thanks to Brad and Larry for all their efforts. This is one of the most fun things I have ever done. Eric
Old 06-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a website that monitors ocean conditions in the vicinity of this run? Pardon my ignorance, I'm just an inland lake boat owner.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:55 AM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 779 Likes on 576 Posts

freeze frame will fly every part of this event for stills and video lets get ready to rock all photos framed on site jeff questions call 239-282-1987

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 06-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Is there a website that monitors ocean conditions in the vicinity of this run? Pardon my ignorance, I'm just an inland lake boat owner.
Try this, you can check the live data
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/
Old 06-03-2011, 07:55 AM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 779 Likes on 576 Posts

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.