RPM 26 Redline/Teague 800 - Video >

RPM 26 Redline/Teague 800 - Video

Notices

RPM 26 Redline/Teague 800 - Video

Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stripp
I wanted to say thanks for all of the compliments. We are very committed to constantly improving.

We are just about to start cutting and seaming. Just finished the modeling stage and feel like we have a design that will work well. Want one??
30' or 32'?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
I noticed how empty the engine bay looked. Nothing but the motor and the batteries I love that.

Have you built an Arneson boat yet?
on a single cat???? that's tough to get set up and dialed in isn't it???
Old 06-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
on a single cat???? that's tough to get set up and dialed in isn't it???
I dont think that they have yet, but in all reality it shouldnt be any tougher to dial in than a surfaced SCX-4 running #6 props, or a #6 drive, both of which they have built and run very well. An arneson would have the same drive height and use the same props, and have the same amount of drive and skeg in the water.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
I dont think that they have yet, but in all reality it shouldnt be any tougher to dial in than a surfaced SCX-4 running #6 props, or a #6 drive, both of which they have built and run very well. An arneson would have the same drive height and use the same props, and have the same amount of drive and skeg in the water.
a friend of mine is running SCX-4 with #6 prop on his 26 redline and running quite well last I heard, but scx and and arneson are two different animals aren't they?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RPM has not done a Arneson drive set up yet. But your right they have had several surface drive systems and dialed them into working very well, NXT, SCX-4 & the #6 in my boat. An Arneson can use Cleaver type prop's but it would not have the same amount drive in the water or the long skeg's as the other surface drive's use.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
a friend of mine is running SCX-4 with #6 prop on his 26 redline and running quite well last I heard, but scx and and arneson are two different animals aren't they?
O ya! In every way. SCX-4 is a Bravo based surface drive. While the Arneson is a one off type design for lack of a better word. Not many similarities in the two drives.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Registered

They are two different animals, however when completely surfacing a #6, you will have about the same amount of mass in the water as an Arneson. You can get a larger skeg on an arneson if needed as well, even though the skegs are about the same size between a dry sump #6 and an arneson.

The SCX-4 on these boats is running two or three inches above the keel, so the bullet of the drive isnt even in the water, not much of it anyway. All that is dragging is the bottom half of the prop and the skeg.

so yes, they are different animals and look completely different, but the same amount of stuff is in the water between all three drives once up on plane.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered

They are two different animals, however when completely surfacing a #6, you will have about the same amount of mass in the water as an Arneson. You can get a larger skeg on an arneson if needed as well, even though the skegs are about the same size between a dry sump #6 and an arneson.

The SCX-4 on these boats is running two or three inches above the keel, so the bullet of the drive isnt even in the water, not much of it anyway. All that is dragging is the bottom half of the prop and the skeg.

so yes, they are different animals and look completely different, but the same amount of stuff is in the water between all three drives once up on plane.

Not sure where you got this info. But as always its on the internet so it must be true.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NMBullet
Not sure where you got this info. But as always its on the internet so it must be true.
You seem to have some of the things backwards. The Arnesons have a larger rudder fin than the IMCO or Merc... Less drive in the water is normally true though.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We are running the SCX-4 2 1/16" to 2 1/8" above the centerpod and the #6 2.5" above. The problem that I see with running the Arneson (no offense Rik) is that we cannot get the propshaft centerline down that low due to the size of the box. Not to say that it won't work higher. The other problem is that we will have to "fill in" the notch in our centerpod in order to get the propshaft to its lowest possible location. I am not opposed to trying it and we probably have as good of a shot at making it work as anybody due to the location of our ceterpod relative to the outside sponsons. The real problem is finding someone with the "balls"/funds to try it. Again, no offense to Rik, I would love to do it but am not willing to make the modifications to a hull at my expense just to try it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.