Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   desert storm (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/251634-desert-storm.html)

thisistank 04-24-2011 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by HOTRODREDNECK (Post 3385633)
x2. where is the best ramp to drop in??

If you guys are registered for the run you can launch at the ramp at the nautical inn even if you're not staying there. It's kinda funky but it's actually a decent ramp and the launch some big stuff from there (40-46 skaters and I've launched a tiger there many times as well).
The other ramp everyone will be launching from will be Windsor (about a mile from the London bridge). Decent ramp but you have to watch for shallow spots...wrecked a set of brand new herrings when we were pulling the first dragon out there! :eek:

Cash Bar 04-24-2011 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 3381540)
, oh ya, and cash bar will not be there :eek:

There goes Havasu. What a waste. :lolhit::evilb:

thisistank 04-25-2011 01:19 PM

From the offices of lakeracerLLC / Desert Storm:

**** Good morning!! Desert Storm week is here and we’re busy packing up last minute items and getting on the road. I have had calls from Albuquerque and Tucson talking about all the boats heading to Havasu, not to mention all the face books photos of the party getting started already in Havasu J
*A couple of things to note,

**** 1. I put the wrong address for the new dealership OCM of Havasu where we’re having the Wednesday night kickoff open house. I’ve had about 40 people RSVP and I know more of you will show up J Drop me a note! The correct address is 1515 industrial blvd Lake Havasu City!

***** 2. Douglas Marine’s Peter Hledlin (Skater Powerboats) has stepped up to sponsor some new cash prizes for the event. For the Fastest Piston Powered boat in the shootout goes $1000.00 prize! And for the slowest boat in the Poker Run….No No, Sorry! LOL The poker run is not about speed!!! The worst poker hand of the day will receive a prize of $500.00 cash!We may have a few ties for the lowest hand prize so, once we figure them out Friday night, we will have a tie breaker competition by drawing for the highest card on stage!

*** 3. For the land locked or Spectators who just want to watch the Poker Run or Shootout events, we have partnered with Lake Havasu Events to host a Beach Party Desert Storm 2011!* Happening all day Friday and Saturday with Family activities, Music, Food Vendors and a Beer Garden at Rotary Park,1400 S. Smoketree .* You can also purchase Desert Storm Apperal at Rotary Park and the main headquarters of the Event at the Nautical Resort.

*****4 .Please be aware, Desert Storm has been selected by Homeland Security for an inter-agency test of the local emergency responders, Mohave and San Bernardino Sheriffs, Lake Havasu Police Dept. & Fire Dept. among others. They will have a command headquarters setup at Spectator Point and will be operating around the area the entire weekend. My greatest wish is we do not provide any incidents they need to respond to, so please, be on top of your game for all your on the water activities. Show everyone how serious we take our freedom to boat and how professional we are as captains and crews of our vessels! Please wear your designated operator wrist bands and keep the partying under control while you’re on the water!! Back on land, don’t forget the taxi services of AA Silver Taxi 928-854-3553 will get you home safely and inexpensively!

**** 5. We will have a new feature of Desert Storm activities this year thanks to Rich Carter and Dave Johnson. You may know Dave as River Dave, owner operator of RD Place website. We are broadcasting over the internet in live streaming video, all the show Thursday on Mainstreet! We should have two internet locations you can visit - http://www.riverdavesplace.com and of course www.lakeracer.com (assuming I can take the time to edit my home page J If all goes well, you’ll also be able to watch the Desert Storm Shootout on Saturday, including the very cool shots from our helicopter!! Keep an eye on riverdaves place as the week unfolds. Don’t forget to checkout Perfomanceboats.com and other boating forums as our participants and spectators keep all of you who can’t be there, up to speed on all the weeks fun in the sun!

*I again want to thank all of our sponsors for helping me take this event to the major national level it has become. Especially our Title Sponsor Teague Custom Marine, and all of the elitel level sponsors ILMOR Performance Engines, Dave’s Custom Boats, F650 Super Trucks, IMCO Marine, Mercury Racing, Oregon Custom Marine of Lake Havasu, Nordic Powerboats, Outerlimits Powerboats, Romer Beverage, SportChassis LLC and the Lake Havasu Convention and Visitors Bureau.

*We’ll see all of you soon, be safe in your travels and let’s have one fantastic week!

*Jim and the LakeRacer Staff

Wild 04-25-2011 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
rig is leaving at 7 am, will be in town wed night, we fly in thurs morn

FrisiniMotors 04-25-2011 08:15 PM

Vendetta

Left this morning... Will be at the street party.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8366743_n.jpg

PokerRun388 04-25-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 3386293)
rig is leaving at 7 am, will be in town wed night, we fly in thurs morn

Looks Beautiful..... Drive Safe!!!!

PokerRun388 04-25-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by FrisiniMotors (Post 3386918)
Left this morning... Will be at the street party.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8366743_n.jpg

Looks Great....!! See U thurs.....

BlackJack58 04-27-2011 11:26 AM

Congrats and best wishes on another great weekend. Just reading through the post you can see how well organized everything is - a lot of attention to detail. Great job...wish I could be there - will definitely be watching the streaming video!