If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    2006 Larson Senza 206
    Toronto, Ontario

Why is the IMCO SCT drive not very popular?

So I was reading through an old issue of powerboat magazine today, and their was an article on the diesel nordic with the scx drive. The next page had an advertisement for the sct drive saying the tranny can fit into the extension box and it will bolt onto your transom. How come we always hear about people going to the scx and the konrad ace but never the sct?

I am sure their is a simple reason for this, so lets hear it!

My Boats:
    DCB F-32
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    I think it is because of the work or rigging that would need to be done to do this. I know one person who used them on a Spetre with good luck. Also cost of transmission. Much more simple to bolt on a new ring and helmet then bolt up a drive. The size of the SCT vertical shaft is huge. I think they would be a good option for some.

My Boats:
    little cat...BIG MOTOR
    Aurora Ontario
    I considered going that route and truth be told, IMCO told me they had better results with the SCX as far as durability.

My Boats:
    2009 30 LS7 SKATER 711
    Livonia Mi Usa
    x power direct bolt on no tranny