"Deadliest Catch" Unionized >

"Deadliest Catch" Unionized

Notices

"Deadliest Catch" Unionized

Old 04-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my father-in-law retired from the airline business he said the best part was no more union BS. He always said he watched unions go from a group supporting the blue collar worker to nothing more than a money hungry political machine with no morals.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I am neither pro-union nor anti-union, but I am pro-funny.

And Too Stroked, your satire is hilarious.
Thanks Matt. And coming from somebody like you, I take that as the highest compliment.

I've got another one you might like that will be appearing (hopefully) in the Poker Run forum about Rochester Offshore's annual Battleship Run on Seneca Lake.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Now that thar's funny, I don't care who yar! If you don't laugh at that you're a communist and need to leave the country And I'm a union member!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You forgot that there won't be any smoking as it poses a health risk. Also some of the other crewmembers might not like the way tobacco smoke smells.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
I heard UPS is union and Fed Ex is non union with the same amount of employes why does UPS make more money? Again I'm not taking sides here
Though both [UPS, FEDEX] are package-delivery companies, they're governed by totally different federal labor rules. As a result, UPS's workforce is much more heavily unionized than FEDEX's—and more than twice as expensive.

http://reason.com/blog/2009/11/10/up...dex-whiteboard

http://reason.com/archives/2009/09/2...ons-as-weapons

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...906957778.html

Last edited by tabajay; 04-24-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Registered

I started as an apprentice in the plumbers union and with in a year i had a van and was basically running work for a small union shop. After the hall got wind of this i was moved to a larger shop and was told what i was doing was unacceptable and i need to pay my dues like everyone else. After doing more work correctly the first time by lunch than the 20 year experienced journeyman would do in a week, my tools would disappear, my work was sabatoged and then i was told politely to clean up their tools and take them to their truck, I politely said go enjoy your day and your brotherhood you speak of. I do now regret leaving though because i would probably be still working now and collecting a hell of a paycheck. I guess the unions have their pluses and minus's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.