Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/251853-i-sold-salvaged-boat-without-knowing.html)

TriPaC87 04-22-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Expensive Date (Post 3383613)
Help me out because I think you have done more to your boats resale value than any one else.

This can't be repeated enough.

dodgeman111 04-22-2011 01:50 PM

The thing is, I will disclose anything I know to a future owner anyway. I've done that with everything I ever sold

It's starting to appear it will be a better boat after all is said and done anyway. It'll just take some time to see how this all works out

RunninHotRacing163.1 04-22-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 3383452)
I wouldn't either.....yet.
But I would get on the phone with a lawyer and put the lying scumbag out of business.

+100:drink::drink:

CAFE 04-22-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by TriPaC87 (Post 3384020)
This can't be repeated enough.

Shouldnt you read the entire thread and then post these comments?

I dont know.....

dodgeman111 04-22-2011 02:26 PM

Some people including Shogren say I am lowering my own value with this thread The issue is the brand of it being salvaged. I'll have to disclose it if i sell or I could be sued. Besides boaters ripping off other boaters is too uncool. This seems to be what the hint is here

RunninHotRacing163.1 04-22-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by dodgeman111 (Post 3383820)
I never had any intention at all of mentioning the dealer's name on here. He came forward which is respectable. I called him a reputable dealer from the start and I was only seeking opinions. The story has went on from last October when I bought the boat. It has been one thing after another.(salvaged boat ????) I only put maybe 2 hours on it.The whole story is huge. Scott and I tried to resolve these issues. He was always right there to answer phone calls and take emails. I respect that and he has offered to trade me boats. I think he realizes I'm in a bad spot. However we can't seem to agree on details of a new transaction. I'd be losing 18K in my opinion. Hopefully the boat gets repaired nicely and I can finally make a nice boat.

PS... In regards to the impellers, a boat surveyor hired by my insurance company has stated improper installation and only one company ever touched them. Also when the boat was delivered to me back in October, the general manager of Shogren overheated the boat and had to call a mechanic to replace the impellers. And I got NO alarms and gauges read good when it happened to me. Even water pressure showed 15 pounds. I thought the AC/heat unit was overheating since it was doing screwy things. I like this boat and it looks like I better learn to love it..

WOW really makes you wonder :angry-smiley-038: sounds like should be pointing that beak back North dropping it off and RUNNING AS FAST AS YOU CAN !:eek:

wananewboat 04-22-2011 02:47 PM

Not to many dealers would come out and help like this.

bajaholic 04-22-2011 02:49 PM

What PROOF do you have the boat is salvaged? Other than someone from your insurance company stating so, or poss that it had a claim? Can you scan in this document, so we can all see it, does it actually exist?

I am not trying to sound critical, but so far I don't read where it actually exists? And if it doesn't exist on paper, how can it exist outside of talk and then why would you have to disclose anything and why would you be perusing it in an open forum?

I understand you feel the need to disclose everything... That is noble, but really why would anyone disclose more than what is actually documented?

Is it possible the insurance company you have, is just trying to weesle out of the claim and they are trying to find a loop hole?

Insurance companies have been known to try to get out of claims in the past and when big money is involved, they too may not be the most noble, Just askin?

dodgeman111 04-22-2011 03:33 PM

No documents exist. My post was originally to get info on how bad the boat was when it was salvaged. The insurance is cooperating very well so I doubt they made it up. Never know though since you brought it up. Good point and time will tell.

US1 Fountain 04-22-2011 04:13 PM