I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing >

I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing

Notices

I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing

Old 04-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
ive read over everything and dont want to downplay anything. But to me it looks like there was a storm or the drain plug was left out and it sank. But if you bought the boat as is and it runs and been repaired whats the problem. If dealer knew about it that and didnt disclose thats total BS. But if he honestly didnt know then all is fair. I think on the dealers part to offer a full refund maybe or some refund might be the right thing to do. To me the boat is looks great and if you got a good price on it then move one
I understand your point and may do that. My issue is that if I ever want to resell it, I may not get close to what I bought it for. Because clear title or not, I will disclose the salvage to anyone wanting to buy. If the survey comes back and it appraises at what I bought it for then it's nonissue. I'm fairly confident I will eventually have an awesome boat. Me wanting the history is pretty much curiosity.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Are you sure the title ever was branded? and if so... Why, was it an a "total" accident for sure? or just a insurance claim. NOT all claims brand the title.

Reason I ask is in the repo world, many lenders have policies that help cover any loss if the boat is repo'd. Depending on how the boat looked or the amount of money owed, and the relationship between the bank and ins rep... It may have been salvaged to pay off the note?

Kind of long winded and alot of variables, but you get the picture...

You also need to take into consideration what you paid for the boat now? If it was a smokin deal, regardless of the history, it is going to be hard to justify any loss, and trust me when I tell you... Attorneys make the most in any law suit... Just becarefull you are persuing something that makes sence financially not just emotionally. Good luck.

Last edited by bajaholic; 04-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
Ya. I was told 98% had 496's. I will probably keep the boat but i'm keeping options open
No matter what engines it has or doesn't have, if you didn't get one helll of a deal you are losing money if its a salvaged boat. I'm talking half the price or less of what its worth without a salvaged title. You say you think you won't sell it but one day you will I promise. So look at this-- your already limited to the number of people that will buy a salvage boat cause most people don't want a boat thats been sunk. Banks will NEVER loan on a salvage title. So your only buyer will be a cash buyer which in these days is rare. I hope ALL wires and electronics have been replaced, if not corrosion will take its toll one day! If the engines were never completely rebuilt get your check book out!

If it was my deal I would get a full refund or keep it if you pretty much stole it at one helll of a price and you know you could get that money out of it today if you sold it.

Good luck in your adventure!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

Looks like a thru hull fitting failed, is this related to the original reason it sank or was totaled?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:53 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amann
No matter what engines it has or doesn't have, if you didn't get one helll of a deal you are losing money if its a salvaged boat. I'm talking half the price or less of what its worth without a salvaged title. You say you think you won't sell it but one day you will I promise. So look at this-- your already limited to the number of people that will buy a salvage boat cause most people don't want a boat thats been sunk. Banks will NEVER loan on a salvage title. So your only buyer will be a cash buyer which in these days is rare. I hope ALL wires and electronics have been replaced, if not corrosion will take its toll one day! If the engines were never completely rebuilt get your check book out!

If it was my deal I would get a full refund or keep it if you pretty much stole it at one helll of a price and you know you could get that money out of it today if you sold it.

Good luck in your adventure!
read the thread from the 1st post...
Old 04-21-2011, 07:56 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it was a "partial submersion" as the the pic's appear and the boat was properly repaired, theres no problem. Was the boat ever documented?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rexcramer1
Looks like a thru hull fitting failed, is this related to the original reason it sank or was totaled?
No this is new. Long story actually but the dealer in question installed new water pump impellers but didn't flush system. The old rubber pieces overheated it which melted exhaust bellow before I caught it. Then sink time
Old 04-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered

So yes. I was sold salvage boat presented as one owner and their faulty repairs made it sink. At least the insurAnce is paying out well for it
Old 04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
At this point I might be better off not saying
I wouldn't either.....yet.

But I would get on the phone with a lawyer and put the lying scumbag out of business.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me...Reguardless of what happened in the past...You certainly will have a salvaged boat now. Good luck with the repairs...I hope it will be fixed to your sastifaction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.