Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ILMOR OWNERS Desert Storm Round-Up!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/252162-ilmor-owners-desert-storm-round-up.html)

kap328 04-25-2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck (Post 3386181)
Gary Smith tried to round up all the Skater guys last year under the London Bridge for a photo shoot after the morning run. Peter was standing on the bridge and it was more for him, bring together all of his creations so he can stand over them. I couldn't believe how few of people showed up. Nice show of respect.

KAP is right, these days you have to hand something out. Shame.....

Comment:

Well Erik, I did not want to bring that up but your right. They only had a handful of boats show up for the Skater photo shoot.

It sounds corny but when your giving out swag aka apparel it kinda baits the hook. Let's see if I can play devils advocate for a moment. You want me to go launch my boat or leave a marina to go to your photo shoot so I can get a photo of my boat. Uhhhh!!! are you flipping out of your mind during Desert Storm weekend that is a big negative ghost rider it ain't gonna happen.

I don't know the purpose of the event... but I do know Mercury is showing up in full force. So you better bust out the budgetary restraints if your gonna attempt this activity.

It would be nice if ILMOR made it such that you simply couldn't resist coming out. Prop cases for each participating boat and shirts/hats for the entire crew, fenders, dock lines gift certificates to West Marine whatever it takes but make a strong showing.

That would be my take on it.

KAP

P.S. Hey Erik when Peter put up that 10K in cash at LOTO you know everyone was bringing their "A" game to the show:cool-smiley-027:. Funny how that always works.

ILMORdude 04-25-2011 05:54 PM

We've never attempted to get a "group" of Ilmors together. We figured we'd put it out there and see what happens.

Anarchy Powerboats 04-25-2011 06:24 PM

Hey are there gifts for all Ilmor boats attending?:coolcowboy:
See you there, our booth is just next to you @ The Nautical.

kap328 04-25-2011 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by ILMORdude (Post 3386283)
We've never attempted to get a "group" of Ilmors together. We figured we'd put it out there and see what happens.

Comment:

It is a fantastic idea!
The concept is almost like a Regatta but for a group of boat owners with an Engine as the common theme.

I like it very interesting!

KAP

ILMORdude 04-26-2011 12:11 AM

I'd love to hear a pack of boats at speed with our stuff. Most ive heard at once was in 2 in Euro P1 but they were hardly ever together.

ILMORdude 04-26-2011 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Anarchy Powerboats (Post 3386313)
Hey are there gifts for all Ilmor boats attending?:coolcowboy:
See you there, our booth is just next to you @ The Nautical.

Show up for the gathering!

JIMKID Motorsports 04-26-2011 06:26 PM

this will get them there will be a bikini contest also whwowowow

ILMORdude 04-26-2011 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports (Post 3387833)
this will get them there will be a bikini contest also whwowowow

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........that was a secret.
:lolhit: