If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rev Limiter

I have never had a problem with detonation. My marina has non ethenol 92 octain fuel. I always thought of it as a safety feature not spinning high rpm's. But Mr Gadget says higher rpms are easier on the drive. " big prop not lugging drive"

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Poker~N~Run, Thank You for the offer on the prop. I do have a 28 hydromotive and a Bravo 28 avail to trial out as i remember the rpms stayed the same running the 28, I lost top end also, This could be my tach, But even so i still have never bumped limiter. My boat runs like a bat out of hell, Light weight and handles very well. Full Imco steering dual steering.The problem i have is keeping drives together on it.
    I would put boat in water and see what it will free rev to. If it bangs limited at 4800 ok there you go if it keeps on going than you know the answer. I had this same prob on a cat of mine I went all the way down to a 22p from a 28p and gained only a couple hundred with crazy rooster tail(; it ended up being my cam/timing combo and heads. The motor would only pull what it would. Cam timing moved my trq hp curve to 4800. If you look at your hp and 85mph on a 272 boss u r moving hoss. You are in a very small group who have got that speed out of that boat. I had one and loved it but only saw 63 with a 502 mpi. Some phucker stole it. Miss that boat. Beautiful lines.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123