Control cables for Scarab Sport 302 - HELP

Notices

Control cables for Scarab Sport 302 - HELP

Old 02-26-2011, 04:47 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Control cables for Scarab Sport 302 - HELP

I have a 2000 Scarab Sport 302 that I want to replace the throttle / shifter cables.
Anyone know how long they are? I looked all over the cables I have and there are no markings.

Also, the cables currently installed are for OMC Evinrude. I am putting new shifters that mate to the 33c cables, but looks like I need an adapter kit to allow the 33c to work with the OMC engine. What kit do I need?

I've replaced control cables on quite a few boats before, but no outboards. Slightly intimidated on trying to run cables thru the big tube from the transom to motor. Any tips???

Thanks in advance!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 02-27-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine are 22'. Under my console, the cables go forward and then loop back into the bilge opening. My motors are also set back 28" from the transom.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Since we're on the subject of SS's, I have a question about mine. The fishbox all of a sudden is filling up with water on its own. I only use it for storage and the pumpout has been disconnected for years. I have to pump it out manually every 10 days or so. It doesn't appear to be rain water getting in their. When I use a garden hose to see if the boat is draining properly, everything seems normal. All the water seems to be going around the hatch and into the bilge like normal. Is this a common problem with SS's ? Any help would be appreciated. The first 6 years I've had the boat it never happened. Thanks in advance
Old 02-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Your boat may be setup differently than mine. Where is this fishbox located in the boat?
Old 02-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STV_Keith
Your boat may be setup differently than mine. Where is this fishbox located in the boat?
It's in the floor. Between the drivers bolster and the rear bench seat
Old 02-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Scarabs are usually marked behind or under the dash panels near the indicators if you have them.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
It's in the floor. Between the drivers bolster and the rear bench seat
Hmm, I don't have that box...my fuel tank is down there.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by STV_Keith
Hmm, I don't have that box...my fuel tank is down there.
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll figure it out in a few weeks when I take her out of winter storage.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Registered

Default water in live well

Originally Posted by frankenstein
Since we're on the subject of SS's, I have a question about mine. The fishbox all of a sudden is filling up with water on its own. I only use it for storage and the pumpout has been disconnected for years. I have to pump it out manually every 10 days or so. It doesn't appear to be rain water getting in their. When I use a garden hose to see if the boat is draining properly, everything seems normal. All the water seems to be going around the hatch and into the bilge like normal. Is this a common problem with SS's ? Any help would be appreciated. The first 6 years I've had the boat it never happened. Thanks in advance
On the prot side near the transom,there is a valve you can close, there is a pump that picks up water but only works when the impellers are good, since you haven't use it, the impeller must be partialy damaged allowng to let water flow as you go, Makos have this system they fill without a pump then recirculate when you have bait in it. Also when you connect your batteries, make sure it doesn't run by itself due to a faulty wire and prevent a fire
hope this help some way
mine is a 2000 302, having issues with the FITCH'es now and bad fuel, these are original engines from Wellcraft.
Nelson