Fastest Single In Toms River, NJ Area?

Notices

Fastest Single In Toms River, NJ Area?

Old 04-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
Triple Digits is the first thing that popped into my mind, too. If you have not found him...maybe he will find you.

If he's still around. Any sightings?

[one of the funniest threads ever]
I saw the boat being trailered a while back...can't remember if it was last summer or the summer before. My wife wondered what I thought was so funny.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Tom A.
I know a certain 30' Superboat running an 800hp Ron Potter that lives around the corner from you.....
Wish I still had my 29' Kryptonite!

Joking aside, please be careful, that hull is a handful above 85mph.

Unfortunately the Potter motor is in FL and the boat is sold per Gary on the SB forum. I'm thinking it would have given the Fountain a goal
Old 04-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm around, and I'll be in Toms River for the NJPPC events...

There's a serious group of single-engine Kryptonites/Jokers/others that hang at the Chesapeake Inn if you want to trailer over to the big water.

Last edited by C_Spray; 04-27-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:19 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Last I heard there's a 21 Shadow down there that belongs to Smitty with a big V8 running over 110........

You've got a long way to go to catch that one......

However....your desire to "side bet" race with a boat you haven't even sea trialed sounds like a prescription for disaster. Speed on the water can be your greatest thrill or your worst nightmare. Do you have high speed experience, and by that I mean hundreds of hours at speed? If not...you've got a long way to go in more ways than one. I suggest you buy Lifeline jackets for you and all your passengers....and, if you must "race" do so in an organized event only, with a helmet on your head under supervised conditions. There's a reason that safety divers fly in helicopters at all races......

Good luck....

T2x
Old 04-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for all your concerns. Im not looking to set any speed records this summer just have a little fun from time to time. I will probably cruise in the 40-60 mph range most of the time but i like to know i have extra throttle if needed. Im also having a full hydraulic dual ram mayfair system installed along with the new motor (b/c im not THAT stupid!). I know the 29 with a single step is a better hull and faster with the same power but what i have is what i can afford and i am greatful for it. Its been a long winter and im just trying to start some "ball busting" early in the season.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Hate to burst your bubble but I think you're going to find there are many single engine boats in that area that will be faster than yours.

Racing down Barnegat Bay, that's one thing I "wont" miss about living in NJ.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Last I knew, triple d was hanging out in the bay, waiting to outrun some more of them 300k offshore boys in 4-6 foot waves
Old 04-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ita1iansta11ion1
thanks guys for all your concerns. Im not looking to set any speed records this summer just have a little fun from time to time. I will probably cruise in the 40-60 mph range most of the time but i like to know i have extra throttle if needed. Im also having a full hydraulic dual ram mayfair system installed along with the new motor (b/c im not THAT stupid!). I know the 29 with a single step is a better hull and faster with the same power but what i have is what i can afford and i am greatful for it. Its been a long winter and im just trying to start some "ball busting" early in the season.
Hey Stallion...I'm with ya. It's been a long winter and I'm ready for "LAKE-TIME" myself. Have fun!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Panther;3388655]Hate to burst your bubble but I think you're going to find there are many single engine boats in that area that will be faster than yours.

There is no bubble to burst b/c i know there are faster singles out there. I never claimed to be the fastest single (geez i dont even have my engine in yet). Just putting feelers out there for what people have in the area. And im not gonna race a boat that i know goes 110, im just looking for a little friendly FAIR competition.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

[QUOTE=ita1iansta11ion1;3388663]
Originally Posted by Panther
Hate to burst your bubble but I think you're going to find there are many single engine boats in that area that will be faster than yours.

There is no bubble to burst b/c i know there are faster singles out there. I never claimed to be the fastest single (geez i dont even have my engine in yet). Just putting feelers out there for what people have in the area. And im not gonna race a boat that i know goes 110, im just looking for a little friendly FAIR competition.
mighty mouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKhIXJ0fME

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.