JBS remains king of the desert

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 04:19 PM
JBS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear the event got cancelled-it takes a huge amount of effort and is dissapointing to hear.I hope everyone still had fun.with the cancellation-JBS ransoms king of the desert for one more year!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered

bragging rights for another year! Hope to see you defend your title next year Jeff!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
Sorry to hear the event got cancelled-it takes a huge amount of effort and is dissapointing to hear.I hope everyone still had fun.with the cancellation-JBS ransoms king of the desert for one more year!
Dessert Storm "CANCELLED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Happened?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered

North 50mph winds.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered

coast guard called it, too windy for the rescue helicopters and crew...sunday didn't look much better so they scrapped it for 2011.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Registered

JBS, I'm not sure anything their could of beat your 188mph anyway....idk guys? wat do u think?... maybe Gary ? or Chip who ran 186 in his 388 at LOTO......
Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
JBS, I'm not sure anything their could of beat your 188mph anyway....idk guys? wat do u think?... maybe Gary ? or Chip who ran 186 in his 388 at LOTO......
nobody stood a chance if this years course was .7 again both those Skaters are FAST but need a few more feet to stretch the legs

Dan <------had to work today anyway
Old 04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Still had a great day...threw out about 150 powerboat magazine shirts to everyone in the channel partying and just ran teagues skater up to a buck fifty coming back from pirates cove with lick this with us. Great ride! Caught some serious air with 3-4' rollers! Choppy, crappy water!!

Hope to see the JBS crew back again next year to defend your title!
Old 05-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Still had a great day...threw out about 150 powerboat magazine shirts to everyone in the channel partying and just ran teagues skater up to a buck fifty coming back from pirates cove with lick this with us. Great ride! Caught some serious air with 3-4' rollers! Choppy, crappy water!!

Hope to see the JBS crew back again next year to defend your title!
How about " throwing " them out to actual subscribers. I'm not a guy that gives a rats &ss about free t- shirts, but I feel giving them to loyal subscribers should be ahead of people who are not. I'm in the beer business so I get tons of free t-shirts, so It's the last thing that I need, but principal weighs in. You may get some business by giving someone a t- shirt for free in the channel, but probably not enough to make a difference. Loyalty is the key. You know what I mean, people who pay more than ever for a magazine, but get less than ever for their buck. I am definitely not a complainer, but if you're going to give out free stuff, how about the people who get nothing even close to what they paid for when they subscribed to your Magazine.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by frankenstein
How about " throwing " them out to actual subscribers. I'm not a guy that gives a rats &ss about free t- shirts, but I feel giving them to loyal subscribers should be ahead of people who are not. I'm in the beer business so I get tons of free t-shirts, so It's the last thing that I need, but principal weighs in. You may get some business by giving someone a t- shirt for free in the channel, but probably not enough to make a difference. Loyalty is the key. You know what I mean, people who pay more than ever for a magazine, but get less than ever for their buck. I am definitely not a complainer, but if you're going to give out free stuff, how about the people who get nothing even close to what they paid for when they subscribed to your Magazine.
Damned if you do and damned if you don't Eh?

They were event shirts printed for desert storm to help promote the event and all the hard work Jim and his crew put into the event Which runs deep with charity.

I like the idea of giving a shirt away with a subscription. Maybe that will be the plan in the future. Not my call though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.