Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wrecked skater - Twin 1000 HP's in NJ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25273-wrecked-skater-twin-1000-hps-nj.html)

Pure Energy 05-28-2002 05:51 PM

We will probably never no the reason why this accident happened. It makes me think that even the most experience and talented drivers can be taken by surprize by a rogue wave or a submerged object, let alone mechanical failure. Even the best drivers can make mistakes, especially at high speeds with big power. I am not implying driver error but things happen soooo fast. I think we have all realized this at one time or another. I will think twice about when and where I do my wide open spurts. There will be a new rule on my boat, no PFD, no ride!

To the family and friends, my condolences

MissAmy 05-28-2002 05:55 PM

Speaking as a mother myself.....losing three children to a tragedy has got to be the worse thing a parent can be put through. Unthinkable, unimaginable, unbearable. :(

Sounds like these brothers were very close. At least they had each other those last few seconds. :(

Mack312 05-28-2002 05:59 PM

:( :( Our Condolences

waterspeed 05-28-2002 06:06 PM

My condolences to the family...:( :(

Jayl13 05-28-2002 06:19 PM

Was that the guy with the orange T shirt on at the Dave and busters meet?
I was with Anthony C, my wife, and Thunder Dan.

That was the Skater in the Dave and busters Marina wasn't it???
Next to Slingshots Slingshot and the Formula Fastech?

Oh man this really sucks, I hope they swam to shore and are John Doe's in a hospital somewhere

and WTF are they talking about, with this lake boat $hit?

What the hell are you going to do with a 2000 HP skater in a lake?

Jason

blueamerican 05-28-2002 07:47 PM

Condolences to the family & friends. This was a really tragic accident, but reality says, its one of those things we all chance every weekend we are out on the waterways. We raced the Skater out the AC Inlet on Saturday afternoon, it was rough and they were really flying, boat seemed to handle the really rough stuff (4-6 footers) good, Saw them later at the Trump Marina and they were real proud of their new 36' Skater, its a real shame that this kind of stuff has to happen to performance boaters. Makes you look in the mirror and say, am I doing everything I can to protect my riders and myself. Got to wear PFD's, and yes, even helmets in a lot of the boats we go out in every weekend. Lets have a safe summer season.

timewarp 05-28-2002 07:50 PM

:( :(
God Bless their family.

Caleb + Vicki

KenP 05-28-2002 07:57 PM

My condolences to this family. This is a terrible tragedy.

SunseekerNY 05-28-2002 08:04 PM

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I amy not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Carpe Diem,
Jennifer

Tonto 05-28-2002 08:17 PM

My thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of these gentlemen.
Robert