Wrecked skater - Twin 1000 HP's in NJ >

Wrecked skater - Twin 1000 HP's in NJ

Notices

Wrecked skater - Twin 1000 HP's in NJ

Old 05-28-2002, 08:27 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What can you say that hasn't already been said. All of us say that we are careful out there, but the next time you open up the throttle(s) make sure it is safe to do so. We would have to be real lucky to react in time to a mechanical failure or a rogue wave, those things are really not predictable or under our control, but the sticks are.

Old 05-28-2002, 08:52 PM
Dave McKay

I'm the guy who previously posted that I was on the beach when the accident happened.
Your tagline of "We're going to need a bigger boat' is exactly what I thought when I used to boat in the same area a few years ago.

I sold my 32' Baja with 454 's after having it only 2 years. Perhaps someone on this board bought it. Boat's name was "Tag-a-long".
At any rate, the ocean off of Sea Isle City is always rough. Townsend's inlet is also tough, with shoals that stretch far offshore.
My theory is that perhaps the brothers saw the breaking waves and tried to turn before it was too late, but were going too fast and caught a chine or hit a roller sideways. Which fits in well with the observation on the beach that the boat barrel-rolled.

My 32' Baja just wasn't enjoyable in those waters. And you absolutely had to know those waters (with the far reaching shoals) in order to have a safe day.
The two adjacent inlets, Corson's and Hereford inlet, were even worse (barely navigable at low tide)!

Old 05-28-2002, 08:53 PM
GOT MERC?

Unhappy

This Joizy boy's heart is filled with sorrow The North Atlantic don't play especially the Jersey coast from Cape May to Point Pleasant. I have Boated in that area from 1985 to 1991 You have to respect mother nature. If anyone has any info on donations or such to any cause they might have been involved in I think WE SHOULD ALL! as brother and sister offshore junkies kick in for a good cause. An someone in that area that is a OSO member present it to there parents. Ya know there is alot of mud slinging that goes on between us members lets get together and show strong this website REALLY IS!

WHAT DO YA SAY!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-28-2002, 09:17 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Terrible tradgedy. It's unfortunate that a sport that gives us such great pleasure can cause such great pain. No words can describe or console the family and friends.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:20 PM
Registered

Our Condolences to the family and friends.

Dan & Vicki
Old 05-28-2002, 09:22 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thoughts and prayers go out to there Family and Friends!!!!!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:38 PM
Registered

Terrible news and a sad day for all boaters. Let's all learn a little restraint and concern for our passengers, those nearby and ourselves!
Old 05-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Registered

Old 05-28-2002, 10:39 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Unhappy

We send our condolences...

Goodfella , I agree with you. If anyone does have any info on a particuliar charity that may have a website or even just information, please let me know. I will add it to my site to help the cause.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Wrecked skater - Twin 1000 HP's in NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.