Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   In regards to the banning posts.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/252971-regards-banning-posts.html)

Catastrophe 05-06-2011 07:37 PM

Post deleting does seem somewhat whimsical. Or should I say "holier than thou"?

You understand the mods are volunteers, right???

wrinkleface 05-06-2011 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3396813)
Post deleting does seem somewhat whimsical. Or should I say "holier than thou"?

You understand the mods are volunteers, right???

maybe we could send them a case of beer every once in awhile!!!!!:party-smiley-004::evilb:

Catastrophe 05-06-2011 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by wrinkleface (Post 3396826)
maybe we could send them a case of beer every once in awhile!!!!!:party-smiley-004::evilb:

Or at least acknowledge its a chitty job a lot of the time.

Getting your chain yanked constantly and getting second guessed probably gets tedious, especially when they are opening their paycheck.:bigbird:

The alternative could be someone from IB that doesnt get the humour and jist of half the comments on here.

But I'm only posting this in hopes of getting a pass, the next time I ask someone to phuck off.:lolhit::lolhit:

Matt Trulio 05-06-2011 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3396836)

Getting your chain yanked constantly and getting second guessed probably gets tedious, especially when they are opening their paycheck.:bigbird:

The alternative could be someone from IB that doesnt get the humour and jist of half the comments on here.

But I'm only posting this in hopes of getting a pass, the next time I ask someone to phuck off.:lolhit::lolhit:

I have to agree with catastrophe. Moderators can't win. Regardless of how well they do their job, there will always be someone who doesn't like how they do it. They will have their judgment and integrity questioned regardless.

I have seen moderators deal with questions on both with class and dignity in situations where I, frankly, would have told the person questioning my integrity and judgment to go pound sand.

It's OK to question authority. Strike that, it's essential. But if the moderation of any given message board consistently bothered me, I would vote with my keyboard and move on.

Just a thought.

VtSteve 05-06-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 3396849)

It's OK to question authority. Strike that, it's essential. But if the moderation of any given message board consistently bothered me, I would vote with my keyboard and move on.

Just a thought.

There's that. But also, if it gets bothersome, first, communicate and find the root of the problem. The poster, after taking a poll, might find out he/she is the problem.

Sooooooo.....start a poll.

Matt Trulio 05-06-2011 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by VtSteve (Post 3396852)
There's that. But also, if it gets bothersome, first, communicate and find the root of the problem. The poster, after taking a poll, might find out he/she is the problem.

Sooooooo.....start a poll.

Interesting. I like that.

cosmic12 05-06-2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3396836)

Yup, again I gotta agree with ya Bud:drink:

Love the new avitar :lolhit: