Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So.. oil drops $12/barrel yesterday...... >

So.. oil drops $12/barrel yesterday......

Notices

So.. oil drops $12/barrel yesterday......

Old 05-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
If we see a dime less at the pump by Memorial day ...I'll be shocked!!
I'll be shocked if it hasn't Increased a dime by then.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

From what I hear on the news.... people in the US are already pulling back in gas usage. I think with the economy is SOOO bad that people just really can't afford to drive unless it's mandatory.

Hopefully if it keeps up.....prices will fall back. Who knows!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JayFan
From what I hear on the news.... people in the US are already pulling back in gas usage. I think with the economy is SOOO bad that people just really can't afford to drive unless it's mandatory.

Hopefully if it keeps up.....prices will fall back. Who knows!
What are you talking about???? April was raise month and I got a 2% raise. Best I've gotten in the last three years since the wage and hiring freeze. Things are rocking now! I'm shopping for a new Skater!!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja_302
What are you talking about???? April was raise month and I got a 2% raise. Best I've gotten in the last three years since the wage and hiring freeze. Things are rocking now! I'm shopping for a new Skater!!
I hear you there! Were the busiest we've been in three years. Can't guarantee it will keep up, but I've hired 4 people since Christmas and we're working 60+ hours a week. Things are going great, can't believe it.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered

can't remember how much a gallon of gas was the last time oil was 100 dollars a barrel but im sure it was not 4 dollars a gallon!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Wow two people from Michigan seeing growth! I've had a busy month myself. And I own a carpet store. hungry people dont buy carpet. Maybe theres hope for us. JC
Old 05-07-2011, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
they were saying on the radio that gas should stabilize to low three dollar range for the summer. we'll see . . . . .
isnt it a shame that we are seeing 3 dollars and saying that is good..whew what a relief, 300 dollars per side at the pump...ugh.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered

Diesel is down a whole dime today
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Around this area, I see a high of 3.99, and many have retreated down to 3.87 and a low of 3.83. Starting to reverse course. Last week's rout of oil prices should have a decent impact this week and next.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
What I keep hearing as the reason/excuse for sustained higher gas prices is a lack of "refinery capacity."
Refinery capacity has not really been an issue. Many got out of the business, and others are trying hard to increase margins. You'd be a fool to build a new one now.

The way to increase margins is through exporting. Many US refiners did well by increasing exports the last year, and especially this year. Up 42% since a year ago. The demand overseas is high, and China is a glutton now. It became more profitable to export due to demand. We had plenty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.