Notices

"Color Us Gone"

Old 05-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up "Color Us Gone"

You've probably seen or heard about the new Hustler 444 Huntress. The first hull was at the Miami show loaded with twin Torque 1200's and #6 drives. It is named "Color Us Gone" and was in the Powerboat and I think Hot Boat show issues.

I was amazed when I saw it running on our lake in TN this weekend! I found out it was purchased by a guy in Nashville and will be a regular around here. COOL!!!
Old 05-28-2002, 04:59 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

you must've missed this

Torq Tails
Old 05-29-2002, 12:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

How did I miss this???

J.Jackson has a new Fountain/Scism cat with twin 575's with superchillers and the boost turned up. Is running over 100 but is bumping the limiters.

I did not see any other wild boats on the lake. Course I spent most of the weekend between Bluegrass cove and Cedar Creek.

Was looking for you, too but did not see you.

M
Old 05-29-2002, 07:32 AM
Registered

Jimmy's got a Scism cat???

I just got my boat in on Monday. Spent the rest of the weekend installing a lift for it. When we finally got out I didn't see you in Bluegrass. We'll look again this weekend.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

The Dancer was on blocks at Drakes Crk for a bottom job for a month. EK dragged his tail a bit, but had promised to have it in for MDay weekend. True to his word, it was dropped in the water 4:30pm Friday. I only had time to check for leaks (had some thruhulls replaced and such) and get her in the slip a BGrass. Had niece's graduation Sat morn, but got to BGrass Sat evening at 5pm. Spent the night in the slip and made a Cedar Creek run 8:30am Sun morn. Back to slip at 1pm, and out to CCrk for dinner. Did not anchor out Sun. Spent the night in the slip.

Monday, we were anchored at the end of BGrass cove from 10am till 4pm. Had to get home so wife could pack for trip to visit her aunt in Lake Placid, FL.

She and kids will be gone thru Sunday. I may or may not be on one of my boats this weekend. Might get the Formula out, though.

Hope all was well with your boat. Monday was about the nicest MDay I can remember in a few years.

Yeah, Jimmy just got the cat in his slip a couple of weeks ago. He had looked at one last fall with big Sterlings and #6 drives. After looking closely at the maintenance intervals and insurance costs and such, he just kind of cooled on the boat. This spring he found out the hull would still run 100 with "normal" power. He got excited and the next thing I knew was he had ordered this booger. Pier57 installed SuperChillers and a blower pulley, reset the revlimit to 5600, and dynoed the motors at 660hp.

It's a big boat. REALLY roomy inside.