OT: New flight security measures....NOT

Notices

OT: New flight security measures....NOT

Old 05-28-2002, 10:16 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OT: New flight security measures....NOT

Well this is all I have to say about the "new" security. WAY TO GO DEMOCRATS!!!! Another waiste of the tax payers dollars. As you all know I fly quite a bit. Well this most recent trip was a winner....NOT. After a near crash landing in MD (people screemed on the plane, it was close) I got searched getting on the connecting flight. Well guess what, they used to pic people that were looking scetchy to search but no more they can not do that. So they pic people that are not going to put up a fus instead of people that actually may do something. On my plane that I saw they picted a hot chick that was maybe 20-22, a old guy that could barely walk, Me (ok that was probably a good one )It was rediculus really, but what ever is my whole attitude about it. I travel by myself most of the time so I get searched???? Anyhow the kicker was last night when I was being wanded by a older guy and the wand was beeping the whole time and the old guy did not know it...... HE COULD NOT HEAR THE THING!!!! Man do I feel safe now. I gave them all a sharp look and said "keep up the good work and get your G.E.D., you all are obviously not cut out for this line of work." I was pissed actually and they all could not figure out why!!!!

Jon
Old 05-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm been a regular lately on the Southwest flight between Chicago Midway and JAX Florida. With Southwest's no seat assignment arrangement, it's a real bastard when you're singled out by the security Nazi's. I usually fly out Sunday and have to leave my house around noon for a late afternoon departure. The indignity of arriving early at the gate to get a low number so you can board first, only to get pulled aside for a "security check" is intolerable. One television travel editor remarked that the only terrorism you're likely to encounter while travelling is from the airport "security measures."

In the Southwest airline mag, their CEO made mention of the many challenges of installing locking cabin doors (pressure equalization-what a crock). The whole 911 incident was the airline's fault. There have been hundreds of incidents of attempted cabin attacks prior to 911. Then the government hands the airline 10 billion without any justification.

I'd leave the country if it weren't for powerboating.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:37 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Audio,

Due to my frequent flights to FL from MD, I often get to upgrade to the front of the bus. Delta, my airline of choice, boards first class first and then the rear of the aircraft forward. They always pick someone to search from the first class cabin when we board first. Rather than risk losing valuable overhead space by being detained, I wait for the "security agents" to pick their poor sap victim before I walk up to the boarding door. If you watch the agents, you will be able to time your walk to the gate and avoid being searched. Security at its finest, indeed.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 05-28-2002, 06:48 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Phknlwr: I would ussually agree with you there. I have no problem ussually with getting searched, big deal, but when I see it down in a way that was done on my trip home???? WHAT IS UP. The guy could not hear, so how was he sapposed to know if the magic wand made any noise??? Also as mentioned above if you get a good number with South West and they single you out you get screwed and have to sit at the back of the plane. How is this fair that I get there early and then get in the back of the plane. The whole thing is rediculous but I guess it is part of government intervention.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
Audio,

Due to my frequent flights to FL from MD, I often get to upgrade to the front of the bus. Delta, my airline of choice, boards first class first and then the rear of the aircraft forward. They always pick someone to search from the first class cabin when we board first. Rather than risk losing valuable overhead space by being detained, I wait for the "security agents" to pick their poor sap victim before I walk up to the boarding door. If you watch the agents, you will be able to time your walk to the gate and avoid being searched. Security at its finest, indeed.
Phknlwyr,

I'm usually the poor sap that gets the search routine I can remember when with Platinum Medalion the 1st class bulkhead upgrade was actually a good thing...now it seems as if a bulkhead seat is just magnet to be detained by security
Old 05-28-2002, 10:01 PM
Registered

Jon, I was at Manchester airport doing a crane job and saw a picture of you with the following caption" DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONDUCT ANY TYPE OF SEARCH ON THIS PERSON, AS HE IS ABUSING THE BODY CAVITY SEARCH FOR HIS OWN PERSONAL PLEASURE!! Dude what Up????

Sorry man couldnt resist, especially seing as the only way I go into an airport is if they are looking for a crane or truck! F*&%N Planes I hate em!!
Old 05-28-2002, 10:31 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

(Say like southpark) Seriously Mark..... You suck What do the have you take motors out of the planes now also
Old 05-28-2002, 10:34 PM
Registered

pretty Good though HUH? still waitin on pics!!