Notices

Best marine audio system?

Old 05-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always use JL Audio. Bottom line is it cost more but you get what you pay for.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
AudioFN recommended some DC Gold speakers for my boat last week and I ordered them WEBSITE HERE. I have not hooked them up yet, but here is what I can tell you so far:

1) The build quality is awesome.
2) They are made in the USA (Palmdale CA).
3) Three year warranty

I bought 3 pairs of 6x9 and 1 pair 6.5. I was STUNNED that they were made in the USA. I really was! I didn't know that when I ordered them, but really happy about that little detail. One other thing......when I read the warranty statement it said that when used in salt water, they want you to remove the speaker every six months and emerce the whole speaker in fresh water (I think it said distilled water) to remove salt build-up. I thought that was pretty funny.
Well if it's good enough for Jon.....thanks for posting this. I didn't know of them and didn't realize they were the old BABB speakers. Just ordered 2 sets of the N9.5R speakers and can't wait to hook them up.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

Here is a link to pictures of mine

http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/...Boat%20Stereo/
Old 05-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
Nice!! Are those 10's or 12's?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

Old 05-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
12" Rockford P-1's run by an Autotek 99.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:32 AM
Registered

12" Rockford P-1's run by an Autotek 99.
Wow!! That thing must hit pretty hard. It looks great
Old 05-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
Wow!! That thing must hit pretty hard. It looks great
If you are in flat water, it will make ripples in it.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Registered

New here, but figured I'll throw my hat in the ring....

I used to compete in and judge IASCA sq comps, so my ears are fairly sensitive. Let's face it, your in a boat in an open environment, SQ is out the window. Our environment just isn't conducive to it. It's all about tuning your system and I hate to say it, 80% of stereo shops just don't have the know how. The Market has shifted to spl driven and the kids at these stores wouldn't know a snare drum if they heard it.

Focal stuff is great and I run it in my vehicles, with image dynamics subs (now gone the way of the dodo). In a boat, your wasting your money.

I'm not a fan of JL stuff, never have been. So I'll just leave it at that. Foam sucks!!!

I like the Polk stuff, especially for the price. Loud and clear.

I recommend the Wetsounds stuff for boats. If you want a simple install, their xs650 have killer midbass when given the right power. But I recommend glassing in some kick panels with the pro 80's installed then having some dedicated 8" midbass drivers in the boat. You'll never be able to crank the volume all the way up, even at 100+ mph cause your ears will be hurting. They are a bit peaky, but like I said, it's all about the tuning. Tim is releasing the rev series at the end of the month which has supposedly addressed the peakyness with a new design. These speakers are all about LOUD while maintaining what sq can be had in an open environment. They are a pro audio hlcd set-up.... Think concert level speakers. Horns are the way to go in boats, no doubt.

I still prefer IDMax's for my subs, but looks like we won't be getting any more of these.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tigeman
New here, but figured I'll throw my hat in the ring....

I used to compete in and judge IASCA sq comps, so my ears are fairly sensitive. Let's face it, your in a boat in an open environment, SQ is out the window. Our environment just isn't conducive to it. It's all about tuning your system and I hate to say it, 80% of stereo shops just don't have the know how. The Market has shifted to spl driven and the kids at these stores wouldn't know a snare drum if they heard it.

Focal stuff is great and I run it in my vehicles, with image dynamics subs (now gone the way of the dodo). In a boat, your wasting your money.

I'm not a fan of JL stuff, never have been. So I'll just leave it at that. Foam sucks!!!

I like the Polk stuff, especially for the price. Loud and clear.

I recommend the Wetsounds stuff for boats. If you want a simple install, their xs650 have killer midbass when given the right power. But I recommend glassing in some kick panels with the pro 80's installed then having some dedicated 8" midbass drivers in the boat. You'll never be able to crank the volume all the way up, even at 100+ mph cause your ears will be hurting. They are a bit peaky, but like I said, it's all about the tuning. Tim is releasing the rev series at the end of the month which has supposedly addressed the peakyness with a new design. These speakers are all about LOUD while maintaining what sq can be had in an open environment. They are a pro audio hlcd set-up.... Think concert level speakers. Horns are the way to go in boats, no doubt.

I still prefer IDMax's for my subs, but looks like we won't be getting any more of these.
Good and informative post. Since I'm still deciding what to do it helps me with my decisions. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.