I finally joined the club!!! >

I finally joined the club!!!

Notices

I finally joined the club!!!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I don't have a big problem with me going it alone on her maiden voyage here but would really have a lot more confidence if I had someone aboard to offer insight just like you did.
Too bad you're in TX! I'd go with ya in a heart beat. I'm sure someone in your neck of the woods would be happy to join you and show you the ropes of running the boat. I think you will find it's just a matter of some practice and seat time before you are totally comfortable with the boat. Just take it slow, and feel it out.

Another trick, go find a bouy or something in open water, and practice "docking". Try to position the boat precisely and get used to the way it handles when gently adding power to the forward or reverse engine. With a little practice you will be spinning that beast in a tight canal and sliding her sideways into a spot on the wall in front of your favorite watering hole.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist posting this pic.
It was just after the rigging but before the sponsors graphics came in when they shot the photo's for the mag. I guess you don't get to reschedule your photoshoot for a cover if your not quite finished, LOL!!!
I've looked at that pic hundreds of times and wanted to post it but couldn't until I actually owned it.
IMO, she looked good then and just as good now, excepting the friggin baby blisters. I'll get some pic's of them when I get delivery for advice on the best way to move forward.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 05-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Wait 'till you sell it!