If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    Old 24 ciggie, 382 fastech, and a big Ole beaker
    Somewhere in Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyrider View Post
    I don't have a big problem with me going it alone on her maiden voyage here but would really have a lot more confidence if I had someone aboard to offer insight just like you did.
    Too bad you're in TX! I'd go with ya in a heart beat. I'm sure someone in your neck of the woods would be happy to join you and show you the ropes of running the boat. I think you will find it's just a matter of some practice and seat time before you are totally comfortable with the boat. Just take it slow, and feel it out.

Another trick, go find a bouy or something in open water, and practice "docking". Try to position the boat precisely and get used to the way it handles when gently adding power to the forward or reverse engine. With a little practice you will be spinning that beast in a tight canal and sliding her sideways into a spot on the wall in front of your favorite watering hole.

My Boats:
    Team Baja's 38 Poker Run Special
    The Woodlands, TX
    I'm sorry but I couldn't resist posting this pic.
    It was just after the rigging but before the sponsors graphics came in when they shot the photo's for the mag. I guess you don't get to reschedule your photoshoot for a cover if your not quite finished, LOL!!!
    I've looked at that pic hundreds of times and wanted to post it but couldn't until I actually owned it.
    IMO, she looked good then and just as good now, excepting the friggin baby blisters. I'll get some pic's of them when I get delivery for advice on the best way to move forward.

See ya,

Member #154 Platinum Member Indy's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Missing my PowerPlay
    SW CT & Long Island Sound
    Wait 'till you sell it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123